Analyst Workforce Management – Muscle Shoals, AL
Analyst Workforce Management
Location: Muscle Shoals, AL
Analyst Workforce Management
Responsible for strategic planning and development of the capacity planning and staffing function as a key member of Contact Center (WFM team). Creates forecasts by drawing on historical, judgmental and driver-based information. Provides analysis and maintains historical data in WFM dB to ensure optimum productivity and operational results are accurately reported. Forecasts potential impacts to operations and ability to meet service goals for all activities.
Job Responsibilities (listed in order of importance and/or time spent)
- Maintains intraday, daily, weekly, and monthly statistical analysis of historical data to predict Contact volume and staffing/scheduling requirements. Analyzes historical trends of occupancies and utilization levels of staff across all sites for use in future planning. Makes recommendations for improvements and provides guidance when physical capacity is exceeded. Works closely with telephony team to develop, maintain, and optimize routing solutions.
- Conducts analysis of call center management information and operational problems, including work assignment schedules, staff productivity levels, long-term staffing needs, revenue earnings, and departmental expenses. Interprets results to pint out significant differences in relationships among sources of information and prepares conclusions and forecasts based on data summaries.
- Creates forecasts both near and long term (30 minute interval to 5-year forecasts). Conducts thorough analysis of all inquiry types, Contact volumes and projections, talk times, after Contact work, schedule adherence, occupancy, trucking, routing, IVR, intra-net, Internet, fax, and mail to determine forecasts. Develops and maintains 30/60/90 day planning models. Helps guide the Workforce Management team to analyze and plan for activity based on forecast models.
- Analyzes contact types and volumes to detect emerging trends and “early warnings” of forecasted shifts in workload patterns. Develops and implements peak volume policy and contingency models. Advises management regarding balancing work volume; collaborates across sites to balance workload between sites on a regular as well as ad hoc basis. Communicates necessary adjustments to workforce requirements based on changing/dynamic forecasts; reforecasts when necessary.
- May facilitate monthly meetings with Clients and Operations to ensure accurate forecasting assumptions. Partners with Managers across sites to identify business opportunities based on analysis of reports (e.g., consolidate queues, change phone hours).
- Ensures that the capacity planning processes are compatible with Contact Center infrastructure and complies with business requirements. Point of Contact for all related workforce forecasting activities and requests.
- Utilizes workforce management software and all other Contact management tools to effectively analyze and forecast staffing needs and requirements to ensure optimum productivity. Provides recommendations for additional reports, tracking tools, and/or metrics that will contribute to the accuracy of forecasts. Keeps abreast of emerging Contact center management technologies and operating practices.
- Collaborates with contact center business partners and staff to identify opportunities for improvement of resource utilization and service levels. Proactively contributes to the continuous improvement of WFM through the input into development and introduction of new ideas, technologies and opportunities.
- Works directly with Call Center management to insure goals are met through intra-day management of shifts, skills, and changes to plan. Acts as tier 1 triage for most call center related technologies; Provides access point for problem escalation and reports to tier 2, follow-up, and insures resolution for issues.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
- BS Degree and at least 2 years of experience in workforce administration or HS Diploma/GED and at least 5 years of experience in the workforce administration
- Experience communicating both verbally (on phone, one-on-one) and in writing (emails) to various audiences.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).