Posted on 6-04-2012
Company: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
Location: Detroit, Michigan
|Contact Person: Sandra King, Sr. Consultant in Talent Acquisition
Or apply on MiBluetalent.com – job number GRO000FQ ANALYST – WORKFORCE MANAGEMENT
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan has an opening for a Business Analyst in our Service Workforce Management department located in downtown Detroit, Michigan. This WFM Business Analyst will be involved in analysis and enforcement of WFM best practices with a particular focus on planning and execution. This person should be a highly-skilled power user of WFM scheduling software. This person should also have a deep understanding of unionized contact center operations and familiarity with MLAs.
The WFM Analyst is responsible for creating and managing the CSR schedules in each department within the call center to ensure accurate scheduling and optimal service levels. They will work with management to schedule off phone time, create daily/weekly/monthly reports for management showing the schedule adherence of the call center and assist with ad hoc reporting as directed. This person will work closely with the WFM Manager, the Call Center Director and the Call Center Managers in order to achieve the highest service targets possible while maintaining operational costs and meeting the preferences of the representatives.
- Work with call center management team and staff to effectively schedule all off phone time including team meetings, training, and recommend vacation limits
- Record daily attendance records within Blue Pumpkin and reallocate staffing in accordance with need
- Work with WFM Manager to create ad hoc reports, ensuring consistent and accurate reporting of metrics
- Handle team and department communication as needed
- Identify and communicate areas for continual improvement of service levels for call center; recommending and initiating process improvements necessary to attain expected targets. Continual improvement recommendations to include automating processes.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- 5+ years experience in an inbound call center workforce support environment.
- Working knowledge of building schedules using Blue Pumpkin or similar workforce management software required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; with advanced knowledge of Excel required.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Multi-tasked; strong problem-solving skills; decision-making ability
- Self-starter; highly motivated and creative
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred.
- Supervisory and/or Analyst experience required with proven experience in operational analysis, data analysis, and problem resolution type activities.
- Ability to plan, organize, direct and control projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lead and contribute to process improvement projects.
- Working knowledge of PC applications and/or mainframe required.
- Other related skills and/or abilities may be required to perform this job.