Capacity Planning Analyst – Indianapolis, IN
Posted on: 2-27-2013
Position title: Capacity Planning Analyst
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Human Resources Contact: Amanda Boone, (317) 805-9720
This position will be working with the Forecasting Manager and is responsible for long-term forecasting and capacity planning using the Centerbridge staff planning software. This position is responsible for forecasting the call center staffing variables (i.e. call volume, average handle time, off-phone activities, overflow, etc.) and working with the Call Center Operations Leadership Team to validate patterns in data including both customer and guide behavior. Important functions include acting as a RPM liaison to Finance, Human Resources and Operations by coordinating the execution of the hiring plans by tracking attrition, transfers, leave of absence and other staff adjustments that occur, ensuring the Centerbridge models and the financial budgets for the call centers are accurate based on the changes in staff and updated financial assumptions, troubleshooting and identifying the differences between actual expenses and those forecasted and identifying areas of risk to the business from a call center staffing and financial point of view and communicate them to Operations and RPM management. Other responsibilities include completing the required reporting and ad-hoc staffing scenarios that are required by RPM, Operations and Finance while maintaining the required accuracy, integrity and confidentiality expected. This role also coordinates the transfer of data from the long-term forecasting models to the scheduling system, IEX Totalview and the scheduling staff, challenges current staffing processes and Centerbridge to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the plans that are created providing recommended solutions to Operations and RPM management and creates new models using Centerbridge and external tools that assimilate call center patterns and behavior.
· Minimum of 1-3 years progressive workforce management, budget planning, analytical and/or statistical experience preferably in a call center environment.
· Working knowledge of Centerbridge is highly preferred
· Working understanding of call center budgets and the ability to provide root-cause analysis to explain variance in forecasted and actual performance is required
· Ability to recognize patterns and trends is required
· Ability and desire to work independently and as part of a team to solve complex problems in a fast paced environment
· Advanced ability in MS Excel
· Experience in IEX, Avaya CMS, TCS, or other resource planning software is preferred
Apply online at www.rci.com.