Command Center Manager – Pittsburgh or Erie, PA – Highmark
Posted On: 10-23-2017
Position Title: Command Center Manager
Job Location: Pittsburgh, PA or Erie, PA
Company Name: Highmark
Apply Online: https://jobs.highmarkhealth.org/job-details/manager-command-center/J109003/2/
- Hospital & Health Care
- Information Technology
Provide visibility to executive leadership that operations work inventory and performance is managed across all operational tiers to achieve the highest performance at the lowest cost. Monitor inventory levels and processing capabilities and executes actions to ensure that the performance metrics reach the highest possible level. Ensure that staff is appropriately scheduled to exceed performance standards. Executes protocols and activities to plan around and recover from business interruptions.
1.Direct the internal support staff within the division directly supporting/enabling the operational tiers to meet or exceed established performance expectations.
2.Identify, define and solve problems that are related to supporting operational tiers within division and acts with unlimited problem solving latitude commensurate with level of authority/accountability.
3.Establish and monitor processing performance resolution of workflow issues, changing processes, procedures and/or unanticipated volume of transactions, errors and audits, and routinely requires decisive and immediate decision-making to address and resolve the issue.
4.Responsible for enforcing and guiding employee performance measurement, and recommending cross training and training programs, contribution to the vision of the future operational capabilities and enhancements and for reducing and eliminating administrative costs of these systems while improving efficiency.
5.Provide significant input and direction to the development and evolution of key operational system capabilities by investigating and recommending new processes and techniques for existing systems.
6.Other duties as assigned or requested.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 or more years of management or leadership experience
- 5 years experience with insurance products and industry practices
- 5 years experience presenting and communicating with large audiences
- 5 years experience utilizing various industry laws and regulations.
- Bachelors degree
- 5 years extensive insurance product experience
- 5 years experience in workforce development
- High standard of professional conduct
- Excellent business writing skills
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- PC/Mainframe application skills
- Experience in team interactions and team facilitating
- Ability to quickly identify and provide recommendations on issues.
- Solid negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent leadership skills