Customer Service Specialist – Peoria, IL – Ameren Illinois
Posted On: 11-10-2017
Position Title: Customer Service Specialist (Workforce Optimization Forecasting)
Job Location: Peoria, IL
Apply Online: https://erecruit.ameren.com/psc/ps/CUSTOMER/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_HM_PRE&Action=A&SiteId=2&
Ameren Illinois delivers energy to 1.2 million electric and 812,000 natural gas customers in Illinois. Our mission is to power the quality of life. Our service area covers more than 1,200 communities and 43,700 square miles. For more information, visit AmerenIllinois.com or find us on Twitter @AmerenIllinois. For more on the ActOnEnergy program, visit actonenergy.com.
The Customer Service Specialist is responsible for leading initiatives that improve the operational performance of Customer Service Operations in order to achieve and maintain excellence in customer relations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Generate 30-/60-/90-day forecasting models for a multi-site contact center and outsourcer.
- Construct and maintain short/long term workforce capacity plans based on forecasted workloads, projected attrition, and budget.
- Develop and maintain contact center key driver metrics (off-the-phone shrinkage, hiring, attrition, overtime) as throughput into forecasting models as well as reporting to Customer Service leadership.
- Work closely with Workforce Optimization RTA to manage intra-day performance and adherence to the staffing forecast.
- Subject matter expert for forecasting and analysis. Responsible for assisting Workforce Optimization leadership in training and supporting new team members. This includes training of the WFM platform, policies, and procedures.
Technology and Projects
- Maintenance and support of the workforce management platform, business intelligence, IVR, and contact center ACD.
- Research best practices and make recommendations on best practices to implement.
- Maintain, create, update and/or implement policies, procedures, and technology and coordinate with other departments to ensure effective use of customer service resources.
- Develop business cases for Customer Service areas including Contact Center, Billing, Credit/Collection and Performance Management.
- Direct IT resources to ensure that design changes meet business requirements by approving technical designs and test plans, identifying problems and approving various stages of development.
- Assist and/or lead task teams related to larger projects or initiatives.
Associate (two-year) degree from an accredited college or university required. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major or minor in accounting, finance or related area preferred. Ten or more years of relevant customer service experience may be considered in lieu of degree. Five or more years of relevant (e.g., Contact, Billing, Quality) customer service experience to include experience in two or more customer service functions (e.g., Billing, Credit, Collections, Contact Center) required. Extensive experience in Project Management may be substituted for one or more customer service function, depending on the amount of associated experience. Experience in other areas (e.g., finance, accounting) of the company preferred.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
Proficiency with MS Office Suite of applications; Understanding of Energy Delivery systems and processes; Understanding of IL Administrative Code 83 Part 280, Part 500 and Part 410 preferred; Understanding of learning and information technology systems (e.g. CSS, OAS) preferred; Understanding of utility terms and conditions, processes and procedures preferred; and the following Ameren competencies: Think Customer, Inspire and Engage, Foster Innovation, Drive Results, Champion Learning, Build Trust, and Be Strategic.
Ameren’s selection process includes a series of interviews and may include a leadership assessment process. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.