Director of Workforce Management –
Company: American Support
Director of Workforce Management
Department: Contact Center
Location: Determined by Supervisor
Reports To: Executive Director of Call Center Operations
Direct Reports: Staffing Specialists
Consults With (Works With on a Regular Basis): Primarily works in unison with: Director of Performance Management, Operations Manager, Dispatch/Back Office Manager, Recruiter, Staff Accountant, and Direct Reports
Overall Responsibility: Contact Center Forecasting and Scheduling, Compliance Management,
Payroll Reporting and Verification, Contact Center Reports
Term of Employment: At will employment; Full Time Position
This position is an external and internal facing role responsible for the forecasting and reporting of staffing impacts that lead to missed SLA. This position forecasts and reports on call volume demand and directs the scheduling of sufficient staff and training for appropriate skills based routing based on historical and anticipated volume across all clients including long-term, medium term, and short term forecasting and scheduling adjustments. Directs the design of automated metric score cards, develops policies that impact work force positively and works with Performance Management to ensure the communication and enforcement of these policies. Analyzes real time and historical contact center performance and identify opportunities to improve performance. Identifies and manages the communication of real time volume drivers and system outages that impact performance. Forecasts training and recruiter needs to Performance Management (training) and Recruiter (New Personnel).
Forecasting and Scheduling:
- Forecasts call volume demand and other contact demand volume and manages scheduling of sufficiently skilled staff based on historical and anticipated volume across all clients both short-term, medium-term and long-term.
- Schedules agent shifts and communicates shifts to appropriate team members.
Moderates use of Paid Time Off, leaves of absence and communicates serves as liaison to Staff Accountant/HR Assistant regarding appropriate communication of agent use.
- Monitors real time contact volume both call (LiveOps) and email/chat (Instant Service) support and associated service levels and staffing requirements.
- Trends real time call arrival patterns and adjusts staffing accordingly.
- Identify call routing anomalies using real time monitoring applications.
- Analyze real time contact center performance for same day staffing adjustments and call routing re-alignments.
- Builds and maintains Monet Workforce Management System.
- Identifies real time call volume interruptions and system outages that impact contact center performance.
- Escalates contact center interruptions to appropriate business continuity leaders in a timely fashion.
- Maintain current and accurate agent skill set inventory and schedule recruiting / training
departments involvement as required.
- Maintain current and accurate agent group inventory and schedule recruitment / training as
- Ensures that Contact Center is aware of legal requirements and that work processes are adapted to meet those requirements.
- Manages schedule adherence reporting and agent feedback process including appropriate
coaching and disciplinary actions for schedule adherence and call center policies that impact KPIs.
Payroll Reporting and Verification:
- Reports payroll for Contact Center to AMS Payroll including regular time pay, over-time pay,
holiday pay, and personal time off pay.
- Trains team members, managers and trainers on the use of work-force planning tools..
Trains team to generate accurate and timely reports.
- Meet all KPI
- Other Duties as assigned.
- This is a small company that experiences bursts of growth, roles will change over time to
support the constantly changing business needs of the company.
Qualifications (Necessary Skills & Experience Required):
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, finance, general business,
accounting or a related field. Equivalent work experience may be substituted for educational
- Requires analytical skills, solid mathematics and problem solving backgrounds, proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, Windows operating systems.
- Experience implementing new software / applications useful.
- Solutions-oriented, detail oriented individual who understands how to effectively manage
multiple teams in different geographic locations.
- Leader and a motivator, you won’t do all the work yourself, but you should possess the ability to bring sometimes competing interests together that best serve our purpose, the clients we serve and ultimately their customers.
- Demonstrated strong verbal, written, and presentations skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Proactive working style.
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to meet deadlines with accuracy
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new systems and processes.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Detail oriented; accuracy is critical.
- At least 5-years scheduling experience preferred.
- 5 plus years managing others and/or experience in Workforce Management
- Minimum two year experience in analytics, dialer technical experience or related field required.
Experience in the Following Areas is a Plus but Not Required:
- Background in human resources, accounting, finance, engineering, statistics or analysis helpful.
- Knowledge of Cable, Outsourced Call Centers and/or Call Center processes and operational logistics.
- Physical Demands: Work requires frequent sitting, standing, walking and use of
keyboard/computer. Work is subject to significant telephone contact with management of other departments.
- Working Conditions: Normal office environment with little or no exposure to adverse working conditions. Work may occasionally include travel, long hours, week-ends and holidays.