Director, Workforce Management – Deerfield, IL
Posted On: 4-18-2014
Position Title: Director, Workforce Management (Contact Center Operations Support)
Job Location(s): Deerfield, IL (Chicago Suburb) or Orlando, FL
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Service Delivery Customer Care Operations
APPLY ONLINE: https://walgreens.taleo.net/careersection/std_cs_ext/jobdetail.ftl?job=190465&lang=en
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies, infusion and respiratory service locations and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
Responsible for providing strategic direction and management oversight to contact center workforce management functions to include operations forecasting, capacity planning, scheduling and analytic insights to provide visibility into the institutional service models. Oversees capacity planning for multiple operational functions, direct multi-site scheduling of contact center staff, direct activities of contact center workforce management team. Research and analysis generated within this team will be used by business leaders to interpret emerging trends that support and drive tactical and strategic options for Walgreens. The Customer Care Operations group is aligned to support the core businesses of the organization. The incumbent will be responsible for setting and communicating effective integration plans overseeing a staff that services a 1500+ seat organization.
- Directs workforce capacity planning processes for multiple operational areas and functions. Manages workforce capacity planner to produce Line of Business (LOB) volume forecast and to determine long range and short range operations capacity needs. Works closely with LOB partners, Finance and Operations teammates to ensure the accuracy of modeling assumptions and outputs.
- Meets weekly with various business partners (for example: Operations, Finance, HR, Relationship Management, etc.) to review volume forecasts, staffing needs and to assist in hiring and training planning, outsourcing of work.
- Directs real-time workforce management activities across multiple sites and FTEs across multiple lines of business. Manages workforce management teams to ensure attainment of daily service levels and performance metrics through maximization of resources through effective planning and schedule management (week to week vacation management, shift coverage/swaps, schedule adherence, optimization of breaks, lunches, training and all off-line activities.
- Creates and maintains long term scheduling process to ensure optimal utilization of call center resources including multi-site skills based schedule creation, bids/changes. Integrates new business division support along with improving our existing forecasting, scheduling and long range planning capability and outcomes.
- Directs all aspects of management information and analysis required to efficiently and effectively manage performance on a daily and monthly basis in order to achieve targeted performance levels to multiple functional areas.
- Oversees IT activities that include producing executive summary presentations, creating and maintaining databases to track operational performance, analyzing data and summarizing performance using statistical procedures, developing and analyzing operational performance scorecards, providing notations of performance deviations and anomalies and producing periodic and ad hoc reporting as required by business partners.
- Drives enterprise wide call center analytics that will support cost and quality improvements in our business. Optimizing customer acquisition, service and retention efforts through predictive modeling. Determines the key operational ratios that run the business, in areas such as customer acquisition, agent behavior and patient characteristics. Mines existing customer data to identify clusters of high-value customers.
- Leads Customer Care Operations wide Lean programs to support the strategic goals of driving lower cost to serve and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Partners with Business Division Operations leaders and Customer Care Operations Service Delivery leaders to support strategic programs such as Well Experience, Loyalty, Virtualization and support. Partners with Work @ Home leader to extend the Work @ Home capability to support expansions.
- Plans, develops and manages departmental expense and capital budgets.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 10 years of experience in Workforce Management at a Senior Manager or Director level.
- Experience building and leading an Operational Business analytics team which enables the organization to build strategy and ultimately drives results.
- Experience with Workforce Management software, such as IEX, eWFM, Verint Impact 360.
- Experience leading a Workforce Management team supporting 1,000+ associates across multi-site locations.
- Experience in a client/customer focused business, leading change and transformation of the business.
- Experience developing a project plan, including charter, scope, project management approach and management plans, such as the statement of work, cost estimates, schedule, etc.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community and with vendors.
- Experience negotiating with outside vendors, including negotiating contracts, prices, resolving service issues and reconciling differences.
- Experience collaborating with both internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
- At least 10 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 10 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).