Forecasting Basics: Predicting for Months, Weeks, Days, and Intervals — In this seminar, you will learn the step-by-step process of applying Time Series Analysis to predict future workload. Learn how to identify trend rates and seasonality patterns for a monthly call forecast. In addition to analyzing history to predict the future, this seminar will discuss how to identify and assimilate business drivers into the forecasting process to fine-tune monthly projections. After the monthly forecast is in place, the next step in the planning process is to break down the predictions to weekly, daily, and interval numbers. Hear the process and calculations to use to distribute a monthly workload all the way down into intervals for scheduling. Finally, take a look at some right and wrong ways to review forecast accuracy to fine-tune future predictions.
Seminar attendees will learn to:
- Define the time-series process and components.
- Calculate annual and monthly trend rates.
- Calculate seasonal patterns.
- Use trend and seasonality to arrive at monthly forecasts.
- Identify intra-month calling patterns.
- Apply weekly patterns to create single week forecasts.
- Define and apply day-of-week patterns.
- Define and apply time-of-day patterns.
- Create a monthly, weekly, daily, and hourly forecast.
Click here for more information or to register: http://www.swpp.org/swpp-web-seminars/