FRC Specialist – Hermitage, TN
Posted On: 6-17-2013
Job Title: FRC Specialist
Location: hermitage, TN
Contact: Melissa Stump – firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Role Overview:
The FRC Specialist interacts with a diverse set of customers in support of in-bound telephone calls and emails from employees, partners, and retirees regarding Human Resource, Benefits, Recruiting, Payroll and HR/Benefits applications inquiries. This resource directly impacts results within the Personal Service Network, with goals set to ensure performance is aligned with established business drivers.
Job Role Responsibilities:
- Ability to meet key performance indicators such as first call resolution, schedule adherence, and contact quality. The scope of support responsibility spans health, welfare, and retirement plans as well as other areas of Human Resources and Payroll.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of call center tools, and HRIS applications.
- Take ownership of the customer issue or problem to identify and drive to a possible win-win solution.
- As needed, diagnose the underlying event or issue to determine the resolution timeframe. Perform logical steps to resolve the event through utilization of tools, skills, and analyst’s expertise. Where appropriate, provide assistance to the referral resource.
- Verify customer identity and maintain confidentiality and confidential information. Monitor customer satisfaction levels and participate in developing improvement plans.
- Use software for contact tracking, information gathering, research, documenting customer contacts, and problem resolution. Accountable for 100% of contact transaction documentation daily.
- Serve as a frontline liaison with insurance carriers and service providers to resolve eligibility, claims, and/or service issues.
- Take the frontline responsibility for problem identification and elimination. Provide recommendations to update, simplify, and enhance processes, procedures, and technologies.
- Contribute to the knowledge management system in any or all of three roles: knowledge content owner, verifier, or reviewer.
- Provide frontline support for anyone reporting a Firm emergency inclusive of assessment, response, and recovery. Actively perform a role in the firm’s Emergency Response Plan, taking home the assigned laptop each night in case of redeployment to another facility as part of the business continuity plan.
- Actively participate in Contact Quality program to include monitoring, individual and group coaching, and peer-to-peer feedback sessions. Work from action plans for continuous improvement.
- Ensure information provided to customers and internal processes followed are in compliance with standards (e.g. HIPAA, PII, ERISA, IRS).
- As requested, cross train new analysts on core systems and processes in a mentoring role.
- Other responsibilities assigned by management.
Attributes To Be Successful In The Job Role:
- Ability to ask questions in a non-demeaning manner, act as a settling influence in the time of a crisis and understand the dynamic nature of this complex and often “personal in nature” customer support.
- Good listening skills.
- Ability to empathize with the customer situation or event.
- Consultative approach of educating customers so that they make informed decisions.
- Dedication to delivering a distinctive customer experience.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task and work in an ever changing environment; stay calm under pressure.
- Scheduling flexibility to include working overtime based upon client demands (e.g. seasonal open enrollment periods) as well as responding to PSN role in the firm’s Emergency Response Plan.
- Ability to work in a team environment with a client service focus.
- Ability to apply knowledge in new and undocumented incidents, based on understanding of:
- Interdependencies of systems
- Workflow requirements within the internal processes
- Underlying infrastructure of the firms’ applications.
- Strong analytical skills needed to manage time well, prioritize effectively and handle multiple deadlines.
- Associates or Bachelors degree preferred.
- 1 or more years experience preferred with call center and/or HR Service Delivery.
- Experience serving customers via telephone and e-mail channels.
- Excellent oral and written communications preferred.
- Microsoft Office Outlook and Word experience required.
- Well developed and professional interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the Deloitte U.S. Firms.
- Experience with HRIS and web-based employee self-service applications.