Lead Analyst Workforce Management – Muscle Shoals, AL
Lead Analyst Workforce Management
Location: Muscle Shoals, AL
Lead Analyst Workforce Management
Responsible for leading, coordinating the work of other members of the Workforce Management team (Coordinators, Specialists, and Analysts). Acts as Subject Matter Expert and works autonomously to handle highly accurate long range volume forecasting models. Coaches and mentors more junior staff members.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues; may direct the work of other staff members. May assist in training of new team members and may provide input to the employees’ performance evaluations.
- Designs, develops, and continuously improves highly accurate long range volume forecasting models and Capacity Plans using existing company software/ tools. Monitors forecast accuracy versus goal and adjusts as needed to achieve accuracy targets. Converts contact forecasts into estimated staffing needs and recommends hiring plans for contact centers. Presents forecasts and recommends staffing plans to contact center leaders. Partners closely with leaders to refine forecasts and plans.
- Conducts analysis of call center management information and operational problems, including work assignment schedules, staff productivity levels, long-term staffing needs, revenue earnings, and departmental expenses. Interprets results to point out significant differences in relationships among sources of information and prepares conclusions and forecasts based on data summaries.
- Identifies and routinely links with business partners, whose activities may impact the care centers and/or Outsourcers volumes to be factored into forecasts to avoid unexpected volume spikes, resulting in inaccurate forecasts. Analyzes contact types and volumes to detect emerging trends and “early warnings” of forecasted shifts in workload patterns. Analyzes trends and key metrics (outbound volumes and dials, connect rate, rpc rate, etc.) to make recommendation to optimize contact times and efficiency performance.
- Works closely with Workforce Management Team to adjust staffing plans in response to new factors or trends affecting staffing needs. Builds models and perform what-if, pattern, optimization and other analysis required for successful forecasting. Assists as needed with annual budget planning. Conducts ad hoc analysis to better predict customer contact behavior
- Facilitates weekly meetings with Operations and Human Resources to ensure accurate forecasting assumptions. Partners with Workforce Management to identify business opportunities based on analysis of reports (e.g., consolidate queues, change phone hours). Liaises with all relevant business segments to understand potential events that may impact customer contact cycles.
- Ensures that the capacity planning processes are compatible with Contact Center infrastructure and complies with business requirements. Develops processes to aid in the analysis of new and existing programs to increase forecasting and staffing accuracy. Proactively contributes to the continuous improvement of customer service through the input into development and introduction of new ideas, technologies and opportunities.
- Utilizes workforce management software and all other Contact management tools to effectively analyze and forecast staffing needs and requirements to ensure optimum productivity. Provides recommendations for additional reports, tracking tools, and/or metrics that will contribute to the accuracy of forecasts. Keeps abreast of emerging Contact center management technologies and operating practices.
- Collaborates with Senior Contact center business partners and staff to identify opportunities for improvement of resource utilization and service levels. Develops processes to aid in the analysis of new and existing programs to increase forecasting and staffing accuracy. Proactively contributes to the continuous improvement of WFM through the input into development and introduction of new ideas, technologies and opportunities.
- Assists in the preparation and administration of the budget process by providing senior management budget forecasts.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 4 years of experience in workforce administration OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 7 years of experience in workforce administration.
- Experience collaborating with internal resources and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
- Experience communicating both verbally and in writing to various audiences.
- Experience in establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- At least 4 years of experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- Experience in the indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other members of a team.
- Experience managing and administering the IEX Total view software platform (creating MU’s entities) in a contact center/workforce management environment.