Lead Capacity Planning Specialist – United States – Cigna
Posted On: 08-14-2017
Position Title: Lead Capacity Planning Specialist-(17006716)
Job Locations: United States
Contact: Natalie Smetanka, (firstname.lastname@example.org), Ph: (412) 809-2922.
This position is responsible for the capacity forecasting and planning function for Call. This requires managing the models for multiple diverse work types and functions. Reviews and trends key metrics such as ASA, AHT, membership, productivity, at work/on prod, attrition, volume mix, on-shore vs. off-shore and the respective staffing requirements. Reviews results with matrix partners on a weekly and monthly basis, providing strategic direction on how to best leverage the staff going forward, reviews forecast results and provides recommendations on new hire, skill conversion and up-training needs. Understands skill sets, staff tenure, ramp time, and up-training requirements across functions and their impacts to resource needs, and is able to provide direction and solutions on how best to use staff in both excess and shortfall situations. Consistently ties recommendations to the respective budget and financial impacts to the organization.
This position is also responsible for identifying ways to improve the capacity planning modeling approach, find operational efficiencies, and improve cost margins. Responsible for ensuring that our Workforce Management outcomes enable proactive, accurate and timely business decisions, and provides transparency into what levers can be pulled to maximize opportunity with the excess/shortfalls in staff (barrier time, attainment, etc.). As an organization, this will result in tighter actual-to-forecast variances, which ultimately leads to better operating expense outcomes.
- Requires solution-based strategic thinking to enable the business to operate as lean as possible without sacrificing quality or risking metric results (TTP, LPI, DMOH, etc.)
- Complete monthly production cycle and analysis – reviewing and trending actuals; analyzing historical data and applying decision making skills to generate the most appropriate staffing forecast (takes into consideration excess/shortfall results and how best to leverage these to maximize financial position for the organization – TTP metrics, LPI impacts, overtime, etc.)
- Support periodic capacity planning reengineering projects – improve existing models to allow for more effective business decisions regarding overall capacity; leverage business knowledge and relationships with functional leads to provide recommendations on how best to improve the modeling capabilities
- Lead monthly operating reviews with functional leads and other key matrix partners – communicate monthly results and the respective impact to the forecast; review recommendations on how best to utilize excess/shortfall positions and provide recommendations on adjustments needed to the forecast
- Lead capacity support meetings – hiring plans, inventory review, and short-term touch points – leveraging capacity knowledge to bring any thoughts, concerns or recommendations to the table; challenge, when appropriate
- Perform ad-hoc analyses to respond to capacity-related questions from matrix partners
- Participate in recurring team meetings and 1x1s
- Peer lead and share best practices with other members of the team, mentor more junior level peers
- Ø BA degree or equivalent and at least 3 years of advanced data analysis, experience developing analytics and data models strongly preferred.
- Ø Advanced proficiency in MS Excel is required
- Ø Experience and proficiency in advanced capacity planning tools and modeling
- Ø Proficiency in Minitab (or other statistical applications) is preferred
- Ø Experience with data management and/or MS Access/SQL
- Ø Healthcare Industry experience is highly desired. Experience with financial analytics is a plus
- Ø Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to research, problem solve, trouble shoot, influence and partner across the organization.
- Ø Strong relationship building skills to collaborate with multiple matrix partners to help the organization understand forecasted and actual work volumes, productivity rates and staffing levels
- Ø Demonstrated ability to support multi-functional projects independently.
- Ø Experience with Healthcare Claims data and knowledge of end to end claims operations management strongly preferred.
- Ø Demonstrates advanced presentation skills to prepare, deliver, and ensure understanding of information and processes across service operation audiences.
- Ø Demonstrated ability to lead multi-functional projects and initiatives independently and act as the point of contact to drive initiatives.
- Ø Strong relationship building skills with face-to-face or telephonic/ video customer interaction
Ø Experience in creating strategic and detailed operations plans, advanced data management skills and/or project management required.