Lead Workforce Management Specialist – Hamilton, NJ
Posted On: 6-1-2015
Position Title: Lead Workforce Management Specialist
Department: Contact Center
Job Location: Hamilton, NJ – Operations Center
The purpose of this role is to create, communicate, and track schedules for all Contact Centers’ employees. Will communicate and coordinate scheduling needs while working directly with the departmental leadership teams. Will create and maintain departmental-wide statistical data and management reporting on a pre-scheduled and adhoc basis. Tracks individual attendance, punctuality, schedule changes, status changes, and the complement. Performs data basing and analysis of statistical reports and trends for the call centers.
Under limited supervision, designs/creates various databases for staffing and analysis. Creates and interprets reports utilized by centers for staffing/productivity measurements. Updates staff schedules in a timely manner. Utilizes Workforce Management software to its potential in all aspects of operation staffing in the call center.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Uses Workforce Management software to analyze the call volume and project the staffing needs of the call centers (24 X 7) and creates schedules.
- Uses Workforce Management software to produce weekly schedule variances between existing schedule and required schedules for current and projected telephone volumes for call center managers.
- Uses Workforce Management software to produce holiday and seasonal staffing needs and staff schedules.
- Coordinates scheduling for holidays and weather emergencies.
- Optimizes break and lunch schedules weekly/daily for distribution to managers and supervisors.
- Coordinates with departmental leadership team all scheduling activities such as vacations, schedule changes, new hire schedules, meetings, training, HR meetings, etc.
- Provides managers with new hire schedule using scheduling software.
- Ensure that all reports reflect current data, and work to continually develop improved formatting of reports for ease of readability for key indicators. As trends and patterns develop in data, identify these to management, including observations of what dynamics may be contributing to the patterns.
- Prepares scheduled reports and as needed management reports.
- Maintains knowledge of historical trends for data collected, and be watchful for atypical trends, alerting management of them when they occur, to enable corrective action, if required.
- Oversee the work of analysts’ call forecasts and schedules created in Impact 360
- Prepares reports on scheduled time off and unscheduled time off as requested.
- Processes requests for PTO based on Workforce Management System parameters. Forwards PTO denials to managers for review.
- Reports scheduling changes, authorized time, etc. to Managers.
- Keeps record of personnel transactions such as hires, transfers and terminations.
- Utilizes to its fullest potential the Workforce Management software system.
- Develops staffing requirement models for all business lines for purposes of yearly Associate shift selection
- Responsible for forecasting and scheduling system administration when the manager is not available
- Provide ad hoc reports and presentations to all levels of management, including senior management
- Make recommendations to Contact Center management related to resource staffing for all business lines
- Responsible for training and providing technical assistance to team members
- Ensure proper coverage of the Command Center phone queue utilizing the analyst staff
- Acts as backup to department manager when he/she is out of the office or otherwise occupied
- Trains new hire classes for Roadside Assistant on software system
- Deliver a detailed post mortem for days when goals are not achieved
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 4-5 years of experience in a fast-paced telephone/dispatch operation center or equivalent, preferably with sophisticated scheduling software experience.
- Knowledge of MS Office suite of products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access. Spreadsheet modeling required.
- Knowledge of Verint, Aspect and/or IEX software systems.
- Strong demonstrated analytical, organization, communication, planning, and problem solving skills.
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills to interact with center management staff and others effectively.
- Able to work independently in day-to-day and most project activities.
- Able to work overtime when necessary.
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally within the Organization’s territory to meet and work with regional staff.
Please apply online at:
For a complete listing of all job opportunities please visit www.AAAMidAtlantic.jobs
At AAA Mid-Atlantic, we’ve been driven for more than 100 years to provide our members with superior roadside assistance, personal service, and peace of mind. This same commitment to a life well-lived has earned AAA Mid-Atlantic the reputation as a great place to work. Our people tell us it’s the company’s positive work/life balance, the dynamic team environment, excellent benefits, and strong customer focus that keep them happy; their ideas are respected and valued. And, perhaps most important of all, they get to make a difference every day.
AAA Mid-Atlantic is committed to provide a safe and professional work environment. EOE/M/F/D/V