|Barclays is an international financial services provider engaged in personal banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking and wealth management with an extensive presence in Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia. Barclays’ purpose is to help people achieve their ambitions – in the right way.
With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 50 countries and employs approximately 140,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
For further information about Barclays, please visit our website www.barclays.com.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
|Overall Job Purpose
Providing Powerful Leadership & Performance management/improvement 35%
- Establish and execute a strategic vision for the delivery and performance support initiatives of the Learning and Development department.
- Engage and collaborate with Leadership to ensure the sustained success of the function.
- Direct and drive performance-based results for a large, virtual, and geographically disbursed Learning operation.
- Aligns training with the needs of clients and develops and implements, or oversees the development and implementation of, targeted training solutions.
- Participate in the due diligence and on boarding process of mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and geographic consolidations.
- Partner with Human Resources and Operations to support and maintain current hiring practices to meet capacity needs with qualified and appropriately trained candidates.
- Maintain a vigilant focus on quality in order to produce the highest level of delivery and performance support.
- Network across businesses to research issues and guide the development of training plans and resource allocation.
- Manage vendor contracts and relationships when written for area of responsibility including: planning, solicitation, source selection, and management.
- Coordinates with Product Management and Marketing to ensure that product and company messaging and positioning is consistent with the company strategy and that training materials encompass new development.
- Work in partnership with Operations, Quality and Training suppliers and 3rd party service leads in order to provide the appropriate colleague performance across all supported business areas
Strategic Planning & Communication -15%
- Collaborates and communicates with other department heads and staff to facilitate relationships among members of various departments and to ensure client objectives are being met as well as goals and objectives.
- Continually increase knowledge of market factors affecting clients by utilizing both internal and external sources and keeping abreast of industry/markets.
- Develop, implement and maintain a Learning framework which is aligned to business objectives and the Barclaycard Vision and meets the needs and expectations of key stakeholders. Framework is to be inclusive of onshore and offshore contact centers, for new and tenured colleagues.
- Bring value to the business through the provision of actionable insight and delivery of performance-based interventions in order to drive tangible improvements to the customer experience, colleague effectiveness (i.e.; First Point of Contact resolution, customer satisfaction benchmarks).
- Create and maintain a culture of continuous improvement that empowers colleagues to take accountability for improving processes, training and quality, as well as decreasing costs and improving efficiency.
- Bring the voice of the colleague to the business, challenging decisions or initiatives that do not align with our vision.
- Develop and implement reporting on performance insight to identify emerging trends and key areas of defects across the business. Benchmark data against Barclays Group and the industry and use results to drive and shape the training and quality framework.
- Ensures that Learning and Shared service areas manage customer impacts and needs in line with the agreed Operations strategy. Outcome will be consistent reporting and customer feedback in line with other Operations (i.e. Shared service areas, Collections, Credit, Fraud, Customer care, Technology, Human Resources, Compliance, Governance, Partnership, Marketing and Branded cards)
Developing strategy & performance reporting – 15%
· Develop, implement and maintain a Learning and Development Business Assurance strategy and performance environment which is aligned to business objectives, the Barclaycard Vision and the needs/expectations of key stakeholders.
· Support delivery of the Learning and Quality Assurance Medium/short term planning process in conjunction with the finance & HR community across all areas, ensuring we comply to all PFS timelines for Shared services & BCUS (planning calendar)
· Support and input to the Learning and Quality Assurance performance boards ensuring all MBR/QBR and Governance reporting is on time and of the required standard
Leadership and Development – 30%
· Role model the Barclaycard Behaviours and Values and bring to life for all colleagues across Learning and Quality Assurance as well as Shared Services at large.
· Empower colleagues, encouraging ownership, measured risk-taking, initiative, and challenge of the status quo.
· Influence senior Operations leadership to own and drive performance, utilising recommendations from Learning
· Effectively challenge processes that do not have the customer at the forefront of the decision
· Build, develop, and motivate the global Quality team across multiple geographies, providing coaching, regular feedback, career planning and support.
· Conduct performance development process in line with Barclay’s policy.
- Pursue own development to increase personal effectiveness, acknowledging strengths and areas for development
Control Objective 5%
- Understand the appropriate Policies & Standards applicable to my role through reading the Code of Conduct and other training allocated to me. Where responsible for risks and controls ensure that these are appropriate and fit for purpose.
- All mandatory training completed to deadline and understood within given timescales.
- Where applicable, all key risks identified, tracked, logged and managed as per the Risk Framework procedures
- Where applicable, all key controls to have identified owners, with audit trail of regular review and maintenance together with supporting records.
- Where applicable, all risk events (incidents) or control failures to be escalated, investigated, reported and fixed at root cause to prevent reoccurrence
- Tightly manage the Learning and Development Control environment and the Management Control Assessment to continuously and proactively identify and effectively manage controls within the area.
|Key Job Accountabilities
||This role is key to ensuring the smooth running of the Learning and Quality Assurance team and leads the training agenda across the function.
- Proven leadership experience across a line or virtual team in both an operational and change context with strong personal impact
- Proven and relationship management skills and ability to balance and manage diverse stakeholder interest
- Proven ability to present and influence at senior levels within the organisation to gain buy in to new initiatives and strategy
- Able to operate and influence at all levels within the organisation including Tier 1 & 2 within Barclays Group and across multiple functional areas
- Able to deliver results through others e.g. highly interpersonal and influential
- Ability to demonstrate coherent and insightful thinking, develop vision, translate into plans and strategies and execute at pace with sensitivity to business nuances
- Highly effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills; articulate & concise in written and verbal communications, including ability to write appropriate communications on behalf of the Learning and Quality Assurance and Shared Services Senior Team
Knowledge and Expertise
- A thorough understanding of the Operations business, products and services offered coupled to a good understanding of the wider financial services products and services
- Strong personal networking skills to build effective working relationships across the Operations and Technology function
- Excellent change management leadership skills, particularly in terms of cultural change
- Strong numerical analytical skills being able to identify trends from complex data sets
- Produces innovative solutions to difficult business problems
- A strong enthusiastic commitment to delivering meaningful improvement to the colleague experience
Technical Skills/ Competencies
- Exceptional skills in a variety of training methods, to include classroom, web-based, and tutorial guidance
- Thorough understanding of training and development strategies and tactics, including needs assessment, program/content development, methods of delivery and program evaluation
- Actively collaborative; able and willing to share best practice. Capable of managing up and across a complex global matrix organisational structure
- A strong enthusiastic commitment to delivering meaningful improvement to the colleague experience balanced with sound commercial rationale
- Positive can-do attitude coupled to a strong determination to deliver
- Natural team builder with strong coaching, mentoring and consultative skills
- Proven ability to lead high performing virtual teams
- Acts as a role model for Barclaycard Vision & Values
- Experienced in working across a large, complex organisation at senior level