Learning and Quality Assurance Business Delivery and Optimization Lead (VP) – Multiple Locations
Posted On: 8-14-2015
Position Title: Learning and Quality Assurance Business Delivery and Optimization Lead (VP)
Job Location: Various (Henderson, NV, Cincinnati, Ohio or Wilmington, DE)
Apply Online: www.joinbarclays.com #90040207
BARCLAYS STANDARD ROLE PROFILE
|Job Title||Learning and Quality Assurance Business Delivery and Optimization Lead (VP)|
|Corporate Title||Learning and Quality Assurance Business Delivery and Optimization Lead|
|Business Area||Operations and Technology, Shared Services|
|Location||Various (Henderson, NV, Cincinatti, Ohio or Wilmington, DE)|
|Work Pattern||Full time, regular|
|Number of Direct Reports||2-5 direct reports with responsibility directing a large virtual operational team|
|Requisition ID#||www.joinbarclays.com #90040207|
|Barclays is an international financial services provider engaged in personal banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking and wealth management with an extensive presence in Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia. Barclays’ purpose is to help people achieve their ambitions – in the right way.
With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 50 countries and employs approximately 140,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
For further information about Barclays, please visit our website www.barclays.com.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
|Department Description||Responsible for planning and directing the Learning and Quality Assurance strategic and long-range goals.|
|Overall Job Purpose||Responsible for planning and directing the Learning and Quality Assurance strategic and long-range goals. Conducts organizational reviews to identify strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and to evaluate operational effectiveness.
Familiar with Operations concepts, practices, and procedures with specialty in Support functions and Service management. Owns and manages the internal communication and colleague agenda within BCE COO and represents the colleague within the Senior Leadership team.
A member of the Learning and Quality Assurance Senior management team, providing support and deputising where necessary for the Learning and Quality Assurance Director and other members of the executive leadership team on a fully empowered basis on matters of significance across BCUS, Shared Services and Operations and Technology.
Takes accountability for ensuring effective coordination of activity in Barclaycard Learning and Quality Assurance, ensuring that there is a coherent plan that is aligned to strategic objectives and that initiatives are aligned and well represented to senior stakeholders
Manages the relationship between Learning and Quality Assurance and the Business Unit planning and control community ensuring all strategies are aligned and deliverables are achieved.
|Key Job Accountabilities||Manages the Learning and Quality Assurance internal communications and colleague agenda (30%)
· Accountable for the development of content and strategic fit for the holistic communications agenda for Barclaycard Learning and Quality Assurance. Accountable Executive for the internal communications plan making sure colleagues are informed and engaged (reflected in the EOS scores and ad hoc feedback)
· Accountable for the content development and strategic alignment of all face to face communications including leadership of the quarterly Learning and Quality Assurance team meetings (measured by post meeting feedback)
· Accountable for the development of the colleague proposition within Learning and Quality Assurance and ensuring that the overall colleague experience in the team across regions is defined and delivered measured via the EOS scores and ad hoc feedback
· Manages the EOS survey and resulting action plans driving up engagement across the team
· Champions the colleague development agenda for Learning and Quality Assurance across a multi-regional matrix network ensuring capability is increased to one of a world class delivery team
· Acts as the single contact for ensuring there is a robust and resilient recognition agenda including sign off of internal recognition schemes including employee of the month, Champions and Chairman’s Award process
· Accountable for ensuring engagement of the Learning and Quality Assurance Director and her leadership team providing visible and engaging leadership with the front line through a comprehensive visiting and communications plan
Coordinates and Manages Customer Impacts outside immediate Learning and Quality Assurance team (30%)
· Responsible for the BCUS Operations relationship with Learning and Quality, negotiating with and influencing the senior management team within BCUS Operations to ensure that the Learning and Quality Assurance operation runs within agreed KPIs and acceptable customer impacts
· Works both with the commercial team in BCUS Marketing, Partnership and Branded cards business to agree strategic change priorities for operational change in Learning and Quality Assurance.
· Acts as the Learning and Quality Assurance operations expert within BCUS Operations and Shared Services
· Ensures that shared service areas manage customer impacts in line with the agreed Operations strategy. Outcome will be consistent reporting and customer feedback in line with other Operations i.e. shared service areas, Collections, Credit, Fraud, Customer care, Technology, Human Resources
· Accountable for and sign off as appropriate on colleague and customer impact activities and reporting across the shared service model for areas outside immediate line
· Co-ordinates the actions across Barclaycard Learning and Quality Assurance to support the ‘customer step change’ agenda and action plan reporting to the Learning and Quality Assurance director monthly on progress
· Develops and Manages the Making the Basics Great portal and Project Prioritization process and champions its use across the function
Supports the Senior Leadership team (40%)
· Deputises for Learning and Quality Assurance Director and members of the senior team as appropriate on an empowered basis across committees where holistic representation of BCUS is required
· Signs off the Learning and Quality Assurance MI pack for reporting up to and including Barclaycard US O&T ExCo
· Defines the Learning and Quality Assurance balanced scorecard to ensure alignment with strategic objectives and takes oversight on monitoring and performance assessment. Recommends remedial actions when necessary
· Interfaces with key support functions on behalf of the senior team (e.g. HR as part of the consistency process) and ensures alignment with other parts of O&T e.g. Collections, Fraud, Credit, Care, Customer Experience, Governance and Change Management etc.
· Accountable for decision making and leadership on internal projects and trouble shoots Learning and Quality issues as required
· Leads the pack production for senior stakeholder meetings at Tier 1 & Tier 2 as required working with nominated colleagues across the Operations teams. Responsible for ensuring relevant business content and appropriate written communication style is used.
· Presents to the senior Learning and Quality, Operations, Shared Services and commercial team to gain buy in to operational change and strategy
· Provides support to all senior members of the Learning and Quality Assurance leadership team for creation of stakeholder presentations, interviewing for key staff etc.
· Controls and maintains the overall organisational design data as part of the Learning and Quality Assurance MI pack
· Provides senior oversight, review and sign off on cost center management activities in Learning and Quality Assurance including making spend recommendations on an ad hoc basis as required
· On behalf of the Learning and Quality Assurance Director, signs off new equipment orders for the team
|Risk and Control Objective
|Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Barclays Operational Risk Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Standards.|
|Basic Qualifications||· Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
· 7 years+ experience leading teams in the Contact Center Quality Assurance space
|Preferred Qualifications||This role is key to ensuring the smooth running of the Learning and Quality Assurance team and leads the colleague and strategic planning agenda across the function.
· Proven leadership experience across a line or virtual team in both an operational and change context with strong personal impact
· Proven and relationship management skills and ability to balance and manage diverse stakeholder interest
· Proven ability to present and influence at senior levels within the organisation to gain buy in to new initiatives and strategy
· Able to operate and influence at all levels within the organisation including Tier 1 & 2 within Barclays Group and across multiple functional areas
· Able to deliver results through others e.g. highly interpersonal and influential
· Ability to demonstrate coherent and insightful thinking, develop vision, translate into plans and strategies and execute at pace with sensitivity to business nuances
· Highly effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills; articulate & concise in written and verbal communications, including ability to write appropriate communications on behalf of the Learning and Quality Assurance and Shared Services Senior Team
Knowledge and Expertise
· A thorough understanding of the Operations business, products and services offered coupled to a good understanding of the wider financial services products and services
· Strong personal networking skills to build effective working relationships across the Operations and Technology function
· Excellent change management leadership skills, particularly in terms of cultural change
· Strong numerical analytical skills being able to identify trends from complex data sets
· Produces innovative solutions to difficult business problems
· A strong enthusiastic commitment to delivering meaningful improvement to the colleague experience
Technical Skills/ Competencies
· Actively collaborative; able and willing to share best practice. Capable of managing up and across a complex global matrix organisational structure
· A strong enthusiastic commitment to delivering meaningful improvement to the colleague experience balanced with sound commercial rationale
· Positive can-do attitude coupled to a strong determination to deliver
· Natural team builder with strong coaching, mentoring and consultative skills
· Proven ability to lead high performing virtual teams
· Acts as a role model for Barclaycard Vision & Values
· Experienced in working across a large, complex organisation at senior level
As an organisation, Barclays have agreed a single cross-business Purpose for Barclays, and five core Values which underpin it. Our Purpose is helping people achieve their ambitions in the right way. Put simply this is the answer to the question ‘What is Barclays for?’ and it should guide our every action as employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. If this position requires the person to be an Approved Person under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (FSMA), disclosure of spent convictions within the meaning set out in the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 will be required