Manager – Jacksonville, FL
Posted on: 2-12-2015
Position Title: Manager
Job Location: Jacksonville, FL
Apply at: http://jb.al.st/BFQdu
Allstate Benefits is seeking a Manager to lead and optimize best in class customer service delivery through our Customer Care Center (CCC), Workforce Management and Operational Effectiveness teams. The CCC provides best in class customer service and administrative support to policyholders, agents, brokers and strategic business partners regarding Allstate Benefits’ products and practice. The Workforce Management team effectively monitors and tracks call flow volumes to ensure service standards are met. And the Operational Effectiveness/Workforce Management team monitors quality assurance and transitional training for call center employees and new hires.
The Manager will develop and implement various initiatives to consistently meet stated service levels, improve customer satisfaction and improve retention. Leverage functional expertise, technical expertise, competitive intelligence, knowledge of the business, and customer utilization data to drive increased customer satisfaction. Implement initiatives and actions to improve effectiveness and efficiency across all areas.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead a team of managers and supervisors within the CCC and Workforce Management & Operational Effectiveness teams.
- Utilizing Allstate Partnership, career counsel managers, evaluate and administer employee performance management, review and recommend salary administration and performance reviews for front line managers.
- Participate in the development of the departments overall hiring and staffing plans and ensure the effective use of available resources in order to achieve business unit objectives and goals.
- Evaluate department business plans and new initiatives to determine impact on staffing resources and organization structure. Implement actions plans and goals for achieving optimum business results.
- Accountable for results on initiatives that contribute to growth, profit goals and customer satisfaction.
- Create measurable improvements over current state.
- Develop and recommend new techniques to support innovative solutions.
- Understand diverse customer base and customize approach for multiple customer types (agent, broker, strategic business partners, employers, policyholder, and regional sales leaders).
- Lead programs, processes, projects and/or multiple facets of human capital management resources to support company initiatives
- Lead and responsible for work that needs to be performed by a team(s) and/or their direct reports
- Participate in interviewing and candidate selection (as needed by the department)
- Responsible for meeting all Performance Management practices for a team
- Adhere to company’s management practices and processes
- Support and execute performance management and development plans for all direct reports
- Actively involved in talent development for a department
- Coach, mentor and influence others to accomplish departmental goals
- Revise or adapt work processes to support changing business tactics
- Set team priorities and activities based on department/function/unit goals and objectives
- Actively seek to connect resources across departments to share expertise
- Provide written and oral communication of highly specialized terms and data and can present to others
- Knowledge of sales, product, and insurance regulation knowledge, with working knowledge of lines of insurance, and product offerings
- Provide extensive expertise and project/process management skill application in managing and/or developing specific processes and services associated with the Customer Care Center, Workforce Management and Operational Effectiveness Teams.
- Responsible for compliance with current industry standards/environment that impact decisions and indicate requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in leading a Call Center and managing Call Center Leaders
- Life and Health Insurance Industry experience preferred
- Serves as a subject matter expert and can consult on complex issues within the Customer Care Center, Workforce Management and Operational Effectiveness Teams from both an internal and external perspective
- Demonstrate competency in all Leadership functions
- Strategic thinker, who continuously creates and executes process improvements
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, primarily Excel and Word
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- Good project management and organizational skills
- Leveraging Diversity and Conflict Management skills