Manager of Workforce Management – Stamford, CT -Charter Communications
Posted On: 5-24-2018
Position Title: Manager, Workforce Management
Job Location: Stamford, CT
Contact: Paul Goeser (203) 705-5648
The Spectrum Manager of Workforce Management manages the people and processes responsible for implementing short term forecast in alignment with long term plan, maximizing occupancy and service level. This is achieved through real-time and intraday monitoring, analysis of call volumes and productivity, management of staffing to requirements, adjustments to staff requirements, maintain staffing line adherence, and coordination of schedules.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage, develop, and improve the people, systems, and processes that support the following:
- Review, analyze, and assess the long term forecast validate for accuracy based on recent results, trends in contact volume, and productivity, as well as site level staffing attainment capabilities.
- Control scheduling variables in workforce management software to account for out-of-pattern days, including days after holidays, PPV events, or outages.
- Adjust workforce software scheduling variables to accommodate next day forecasts to reflect the current view of staffing requirements. Enter updates to adjust staffing needs as required. Collaborate with call center site leaders for new staff attainment (including best effort OT and VTO) to maximize service level and occupancy.
- Monitor and manage intraday staffing in internal and outsourced call centers to ensure balancing of staff requirements (attaining similar OT and VTO goals in proportion to existing staff and currently attained OT and VTO) and compliance to forecast agreements. Provide guidance and coordinate internal and outsource Workforce Management teams in administering real time overtime and voluntary time off activities.
- Communicate to internal local staffing and outsource centralized teams to identify trends in absenteeism, turnover, and other events impacting staffing availability. Make real time adjustments to staffing forecasts to provide the most accurate and up-to-date view of staffing forecast to requirements.
- Instruct and coordinate optimal intraday scheduling of team meetings, supervisor coaching sessions, training and other scheduled off-phone (shrinkage) activity.
- Monitor real time call statistics schedule adherence and communicate with internal and outsource Workforce Management teams to ensure on-phone and off-phone activity is managed efficiently throughout the day
- Develop and communicate intraday service level and occupancy analysis to highlight events.
- Interface with internal and external departments when call routing or tool issue anomalies are presented so the impact is fully scoped, the proper escalation paths are followed for timely resolution, staffing adjustments are facilitated, and communication paths remain open until resolution is obtained.
- Analyze all activities in the post day period, recommend action plans to strengthen results, and monitor the implementation of activities to achieve those results.
- Responsible for the specific results for the associated contact type of service level, occupancy, interval staffing forecast accuracy, schedule efficiency, line adherence, and overtime attainment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills / Abilities and Knowledge
Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Acute sense of urgency
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work with others to resolve problems, handle requests or situations
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to indirectly supervise and motivate others
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Advanced knowledge of Aspect eWorkforce Management or similar application
Bachelor’s degree in statistics, business, related field or equivalent experience
Related Work Experience
6+ years of Workforce Management scheduling and forecasting or Real Time Workforce Management with significant near term planning experience
4+ years of Inbound contact center experience
Office environment with 24-hour service capability