Manager Workforce Management & Capacity Planning – Appleton, WI
Posted on: 08-08-2015
Position Title: Manager – Workforce Management & Capacity Planning
Job Location: Appleton, WI (virtual or relocation may be an option)
Apply Online: Thrivent.com
Do you love leading people to creatively develop solutions that balance customer needs with effective resource management? Do you thrive on tackling seemingly impossible business obstacles by leveraging complex data, analytics, intuition, and your great interpersonal negotiation skills?
Are you passionate about leading a team within the complex methodology of workforce management, forecasting, and capacity planning by balancing data with subjective judgment?
Do you want to work in an organization that aligns with your values? Do you want to work for an organization that values guiding, growing, and engaging members?
Come join an organization that makes a difference in people’s lives. As an employee of Thrivent Financial, you will be part of an incredible and stable organization. Thrivent Financial is a unique organization focused on guiding members to be wise with their money and live generous lives. We are the organization of choice for over 2 million members delivering on promises for over 100 years. As a Fortune 500 company, we are one of the World’s most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute.
We have an exciting career opportunity for you as a Manager – Workforce Management and Capacity Planning! This position is responsible for leading a team to develop strategies and processes to effectively and efficiently manage demand and resources within the fast-paced contact center environment. Manager must have strong collaboration skills; be able to recognize and work through ambiguity; address conflicting business needs; utilize creative problem solving to identify solutions; and articulate the impact to stakeholders.
What you get to do:
- Manage a team of 7-10 analysts to achieve service levels, drive optimized schedules and accurate forecasts, and improve processes and analytics within the Contact Center.
- Provide insightful analysis and present finding and recommendations to Senior Management regarding Workforce management processes, schedules, and hiring plans.
- Maintain and analyze workforce performance, lead analysis and staffing change data for continuous quality and productivity improvement.
- Participate in the development of WFM strategy, long range planning, critical success factors, operating plans, and formulation of goals.
- Develop performance indicators and reporting mechanisms to measure operating standards and facilitate effective decision support.
- Oversee technology and process improvements to ensure the highest level possible customer satisfaction and cost effectiveness.
- Maintain relationship with WFM Software Vendor and Information Technology.
- Manage a diverse team of technical or professional staff within WFM including recruitment, selection, performance management, development, and rewards.
Traits we value:
- Set Direction and Leadership – You set goals and consistently achieve them though your team.
- Curiosity – You ask the right questions (even when they are tough!) to better understand the business requirements and explore alternatives.
- Strong organization skills.
- Love of data and numbers.
- Ability to understand complexity but can communicate to stakeholders in a clear understandable manner.
- Ability to have crucial conversations with peers and leaders across the organization.
- Passion for developing people.
What we want from you:
- 3-5 (prefer 7+) years of contact center operations management experience including forecasting, scheduling and real-time operations management in a multi-skilled call center environment.
- 2 years of people leadership experience
- Enthusiasm for managing and developing teams to deliver strong business results.
- Demonstration of call center service functions and workforce management best practices.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Stellar interpersonal communications, collaboration, and relationship building skills
- Diligent pursuit of delivering exceptional member service.
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem solving skills under pressure.
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Previous experience with Workforce Management Software (Aspect/eWFM preferred).
- College education preferred in business, statistics, IT, or a related field