Operational Planning Specialist – Wilmington, DE
Company: Cigna Global Health Benefits
Operational Planning Specialist
Location: Wilmington, DE
Operational Planning Specialist Job Description:
Location: Wilmington, DE
Contact: Catherine DaGrossa, email@example.com
Assists in the management of the departmental operations for the claims operation. Monitors the application of the traffic and scheduling function, including policy and procedures, operating structure, and information flow. Independently analyzes claims trends in order to predict long and short-term staffing needs.
- Able to devise detailed resource optimization plans in a multi-site, multiple program & heavily decentralized environment and implement the same on scheduling systems.
- Able to understand & compile short and long term staffing plans incorporating multiple work types (i.e. inbound, outbound, back office work, etc) with competing operational goals & effectively distribute resources to meet all goals simultaneously.
- Must be able to understand healthcare claims inventory management, forecasting, and associated staffing by multiple skills/work types
- Must be able to clearly communicate recommendations & guidance in a client based relationship to senior operational leaders.
- Must be able to be a single point of contact for the entire team.
- Must be able to work with and lead work with highly analytical analysts.
- Must be able to effectively drive requirements, discipline and results with local and remote (unit and enterprise) teams.
- Must be able to consolidate staffing requirements for multiple units and projects in the organization into a global staffing model.
- Proactively identify and initiate change to address performance and process issues.
- Prepare and present key strategic and day to day operational analytics to both executive, managerial and front line partners to drive changes in behaviors, metrics and performance.
- BS in Business Administration, Finance or equivalent
- 3+ years operational planning (preferably claims or inventories) experience including scheduling and forecasting
- Experience with workforce management tools required
- Polished presentations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Expert in Excel, macros, formulas
- Capacity planning experience
- Experience working in as part of a global team preferred.
- Experience partnering closely with Finance
- Strategic staff planning experience
- Ability to organize workflow of other analysts; interact with partners; develop reporting.
- Proficient in all aspects of daily workforce management duties.
- Extensive forecasting and scheduling design experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and the ability to work effectively in a virtual team environment.