Posted On: 5-30-2018
Position Title: Program Specialist, Workforce Manager – Amsterdam
Job Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Apply Online: https://www.uber.com/careers/apply/interstitial/37808
Community Operations, Global Community Operations in Amsterdam, Netherlands
We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
At Uber, providing amazing support that establishes trust for riders and driver partners—our community—is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in it and believe in providing the highest quality service executed in the smartest, most efficient way. The Global Network Team is committed to building an efficient network that provides our community with a seamless, prompt, and complete resolution to their concerns – every time.
In the EMEA region alone, we support 46 countries and 27 different languages, and we’re still expanding! The Business Analyst – Workforce Analyst will work with the EMEA Workforce Manager to focus on operational excellence across our BPO network. This is an opportunity to help build WFM process from the ground up, and dig deep into the fascinating and complex field of Uber support.
Who You Are:
- Superpumped. You are passionate about Uber and our mission, passionate about solutions, and love getting into the weeds on any and all issues.
- Data-driven and analytical. We run our business on facts and data. You are intellectually inquisitive and are capable. Understanding queue theory is a plus.
- Naturally curious. You love learning how things work and you’re always looking for ways to innovate. You have the ability to self-serve, get the data and tell the story.
- Action-oriented. You have a strong bias for action, and can effectively balance the tension between swift execution, high quality work product, and long-term strategic thinking.
- Hustle. You are scrappy and have the ability to meet goals with limited time and resources.
- Excellent Communicator. You can distill complicated information into easy, understandable summaries to help keep our stakeholders in the loop and informed.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop processes and build infrastructure for WFM operational excellence. This could be a range of tasks, such as reviewing vendor performance and signaling outliers, setting up a schedule adherence process to ensure efficient staffing, and applying seasonality trends to current forecasts to set our vendors up for success.
- Work with vendors to help flag operational challenges and find solutions within Uber to help them succeed.
- Help keep key internal stakeholders informed of performance for their regions, and be the go-to POC for outsourced support for our Operations/Product partners.
- Perform modifications and enhancements on existing reports based on evolving business requirements.
- Investigate operational issues as needed and figure out scalable solutions, working cross-functionally with the appropriate teams.
Additional Experience and Requirements:
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business, Engineering, or other quantitative focus. MBA or graduate degree preferred.
- Experience in working with Google Sheets/Excel
- 1+ years of working in customer service, investment banking, consulting, analytical or related experience; high-growth analytics or operations experience is a plus.
- Strong customer-centric focus with demonstrated success in problem solving, teamwork, adaptability, planning, decision making, and data analysis.
- Self-starter attitude is a must!
- SQL experience is preferred.
- Prior experience with Workforce Management software (e.g., NICE, IEX, Aspect, etc.) is a strong plus.