Real-Time Analyst – Virtual
Posted On: 10-30-13
Click to apply–USASOP-6938
Business Title: Real-Time Analyst
Job Description: Job Summary:
In a call center, responsible for real-time and/or intraday management of resources to ensure the correct number of agents at the right times are in their seats to answer an accurately forecasted volume of incoming calls at the desired service level.
Duties and Responsibilities May Include:
– Coordinates appropriate staffing allocation and availability of call center staff in order to achieve service level objectives.
– Monitors site to ensure optimal staffing levels.
– Adjust intraday forecasts derived from understood business drivers to determine required staffing levels by projecting call volumes, call duration, and required staffing levels using current trends and historical data.
– Administers volume contingency action plans as deemed necessary and appropriate.
– Runs and analyzes reports with the result of making recommendations for adjusting staffing levels to meet departmental productivity and profitability goals.
– Facilitates real-time discussions with necessary stakeholders.
– Completes root-cause analysis to determine and quantify reasons for forecast variance and recommends changes to enhance forecast accuracy and effectiveness.
– Keys daily exceptions requests, updates schedules and responds to escalated issues and ad-hoc requests.
– Ensures that all reports originating from the department are accurate and reliable.
– Helps with the integration and implementation of new call center technologies.
– Assumes and performs other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, but which are logically and properly inherent to the position.
– Intermediate knowledge of call center management and all related calculations
– Intermediate knowledge of various forecasting / scheduling software
– Strong organizational skills
– Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and perform multiple tasks with attention to detail
– Ability to communicate call center data/forecasts to all levels of employees in an understandable fashion
– Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
– Capability of problem solving
– Some college desired with mathematical or statistical course work
– Minimum of one (1) year of WFM experience in a multi-channel call center environment
– Minimum of one (1) years of experience in trend analysis
– Spreadsheets with intermediate formula application and database software (e.g. Excel and Access) experience required
– Knowledge in Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) technology and experience with forecasting / scheduling software
– Experience utilizing a major ACD system