Senior Project Manager, HR Strategic Planning & Integration – Rosemead, CA – Southern California Edison
Posted On: 11-15-2016
Position Title: Senior Project Manager, HR Strategic Planning & Integration
Job Location: Rosemead, CA
Apply Online: https://sce.taleo.net/careersection/sce_external_career_section/jobdetail.ftl?job=71016341&iniurl.src=CWS-10021
Helen Yang Christian
Human Resources Consultant, Talent Acquisition
Talent Solutions, Diversity & Inclusion
Office – (626) 302-0091 | Mobile – (626) 222-7040
1515 Walnut Grove Ave
Rosemead, CA 91770
Senior Project Manager, HR Strategic Planning & Integration (MPP2)
Requisition Number: 71016341
Primary Location: Rosemead, CA
|LIFE. POWERED BY YOU.
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We’re working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
The position will report to the Senior Manager, Employee Leadership Development. This position will regularly interact with SVPs and VPS of various Organizational Units (OUs) involving strategy and project/initiative related issues. The position will work with various managers within HR to ensure project integration, alignment and risks are identified. The successful candidate will act as a key consultant to the HR VP and HR SLT. In partnership with the VP of HR and the HR SLT, this position will facilitate HR strategic planning process and prioritization; provide oversight to strategic projects and ensure that they are integrated and aligned; risk management; benefits realization tracking/reporting. This position will validate HR’s strategic priorities; facilitate the development of HR business goals; environmental scanning; opportunity analysis.
Typical Responsibilities may include:
· Lead the facilitation of the annual HR strategic planning & development process, including development of the People Strategy and HR goals and priorities
· Participate annually in the SCE Integrated Strategic Planning process, ensuring People Strategy is aligned with the SCE Company Strategy
· Draft communications from HR VP to provide strategic initiatives to provide updates the enterprise on HR strategies
· Developing marketing plans and strategies using Microsoft Suite and other tools such as social media to reach HR enterprise
· Drive integration of HR strategic plan and priorities to ensure appropriate visibility, alignment, and coordination of strategic initiatives across HR and OUs
· Partner with HR PMO to ensure strategic alignment with HR portfolio and strategic initiatives
· Collaborate with senior management and executive-level management on initiatives with SCE, EIX & industry impacts
· Gather, analyze, interpret, and summarize results into reports and executive summaries to present to senior leaders to inform their decisions.
· Lead cross functional team of senior leaders on enterprise/strategic initiatives
· Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Must have 3 years’ experience developing Human Capital, Talent, People and/or HR Strategic plans
· Must have seven years of experience leading organizational projects/programs, Human Resources, Finance, Marketing or Strategic Planning.
· Must have a Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, marketing, economics, computer science, human resources or related discipline.
· Must have experience leading Executive level teams, third party consultants, vendors in developing enterprise wide communication plans and presenting marketing strategies.
· Master’s Degree in Finance, Data Science, Marketing, Business or Human Resources is preferred.
· Chief of staff experience, preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to interact with Senior Management and peers on matters requiring internal or cross-company coordination.
· Project Management Certification and/or SPHR certification is a plus.
· Experience within the energy or utility industry or within a regulated and non-regulated sector is desirable.
· The primary work location for this position is Rosemead, however, the successful candidate may also be asked to travel to alternate locations.
· Relocation may apply to this position.
· Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
LIFE. POWERED BY EDISON.
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, serves a population of nearly 14 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.
Southern California Edison is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with Southern California Edison, please call Human Resources at (800) 500-4723, and choose option 3 for the Employee Information Center. Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Pacific time, except Wednesdays when the center closes at 2:30 p.m., and holidays, or (800) 352-8580 (Telecommunications device for the hearing impaired – TTY)