Senior Project Manager –Workforce Planning & Budget – Rosemead, CA – Southern California Edison
Posted On: 11-10-2016
Position Title: Senior Project Manager –Workforce Planning & Budget
Job Location: Rosemead, CA
Apply Online: https://sce.taleo.net/careersection/sce_external_career_section/jobdetail.ftl?job=71015151&iniurl.src=CWS-10021
Helen Yang Christian
Human Resources Consultant, Talent Acquisition
Talent Solutions, Diversity & Inclusion
Office – (626) 302-0091 | Mobile – (626) 222-7040
1515 Walnut Grove Ave
Rosemead, CA 91770
LIFE. POWERED BY YOU.
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We’re working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
This position will be in the Human Resources operating unit within Southern California Edison. This position will report to the Senior Manager of the Workforce Insights team and the successful candidate will work directly with leadership, business partners, finance and strategic planners from across the company to facilitate the workforce forecast for Southern California Edison and project manage HRs annual budget planning process.
The Senior Project Manager of Workforce Planning will play a key function in recommending changes to the existing workforce planning process design, establishing process improvements, and overseeing the implementation of changes to the next generation of workforce planning. The successful candidate will start by conducting a comprehensive analysis of workforce plans currently used across the organization. Once the in-depth analysis is completed, the candidate will recommend changes to the design and will lead the development of a five-year headcount forecast, which includes building the relevant models, tools and processes to support strategic workforce planning objectives.
The Senior Project Manager of Workforce Planning will be responsible for managing the collection, analysis and presentation of data from multiple sources in support of disseminating workforce data and metrics to HR leaders and business partners. The successful candidate will act as an internal consultant to HR leadership, business leaders, HR business partners and other key stakeholders regarding the implications of workforce analytics and insights, build strong internal customer relationships with key HR and business leaders to define and understand strategic objectives, and develop meaningful and actionable workforce plans and metrics to drive workforce decisions, forecasting capabilities and strategic insights.
- Manage HRs annual budgeting process; facilitate and collect budget forecasts from leaders across HR and work with Finance to provide HR budget in alignment with company cost efficiency objectives
- Define the strategic workforce planning framework, process, and metrics for integration into the SCE strategic planning process in support of the business and people strategy
- Lead the development of a five-year strategic workforce forecast and plan including scenario planning, modeling, conducting environmental scan, performing gap analysis, identifying mitigation strategies, and monitoring and evaluating workforce plan progress
- Conduct workforce planning analysis to determine what gaps exist between the current and projected workforce needs in the short-term and long-term
- Partner with HR leadership and Business Partners to identify gaps and recommend strategies to close gaps
- Establish strong cross-functional relationships to fully understand the business and factors of success in the industry; Partner with business leaders and HR Business Partners to understand workforce requirements in terms of headcount and skills now and in the future
- Prepare reports on workforce characteristics for key stakeholders related to specific job segments leveraging data analytics and internal/external workforce insights and trends
- Establish, maintain, and execute on a consistent method of analyzing the current state of the SCE workforce encompassing demographics, use of sourcing channels, workforce capability and capacity, impact to costs, and overall headcount management
- Create and manage project plans to ensure timely and accurate delivery of deliverables
- Stay current on industry practices and issues related to workforce planning, assessing and communicating their potential impact on the business
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Must have seven years of experience leading organizational projects/programs, Human Resources, Finance or Workforce Planning, with experience in performing data analysis, and using assessment findings to plan recommendations for Workforce Planning.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, statistics, economics, engineering, computer science, human resources or related discipline.
- Must have a minimum of three years of experience in an analytical field including reporting HR data, data acquisition/organization, workforce planning/analytics, predictive modeling/forecasting, building logistics and linear regression solutions, statistical methods, or operational analysis.
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Data Science, Business or Human Resources is preferred.
- Strong technical skills including experience in statistical software package(s) e.g., SAS, SPSS, data query tools, SQL and MS Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Access, and SAP.
- Demonstrated experience modeling workforce trends and analytics (e.g., Markov Chain) including the utilization of various forms of data analysis and modeling such as forecasting.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with Senior Management and peers on matters requiring internal or cross-company coordination.
- Project Management Certification and/or SPHR certification is a plus.
- Experience within the energy or utility industry or within a regulated and non-regulated sector is desirable.
- Experience working in a union contract environment and understanding the associated impacts on Workforce desirable.
- The primary work location for this position is Rosemead, however, the successful candidate may also be asked to travel to alternate locations.
- Relocation may apply to this position.
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Link to Mobility Policy
- Policy Statement for Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities
LIFE. POWERED BY EDISON.
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, serves a population of nearly 14 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.
Southern California Edison is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with Southern California Edison, please call Human Resources at (800) 500-4723, and choose option 3 for the Employee Information Center. Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Pacific time, except Wednesdays when the center closes at 2:30 p.m., and holidays, or (800) 352-8580 (Telecommunications device for the hearing impaired – TTY).