Short-Term Forecasting Analyst – Virtual
Posted On: 10-30-13
Short-Term Forecasting Analyst
Click to apply–USASOP-6937
Business Title: Short-Term Forecasting Analyst
In a call center, responsible for forecasting the right number to agents at the right times in their seats to answer an accurately forecasted volume of incoming calls at the desired service level.
Duties and Responsibilities May Include:
- Creates short-term forecasts derived from understood business drivers to determine required staffing levels by projecting call volumes, call duration, and required staffing levels using current trends and historical data.
- Defines short-term projections across multiple accounts for multiple contact types based on customer requirements, historical and future trends.
- Forecasting is prepared with both utilization of forecasting/scheduling software and with Excel spreadsheet programs developed and customized by the analyst.
- Runs and analyzes reports with the result of making recommendations for adjusting staffing levels to meet departmental productivity and profitability goals.
- Facilitates short-term forecasting discussion with necessary stakeholders.
- Completes root-cause analysis to determine and quantify reasons for forecast variance and recommends changes to enhance forecast accuracy and effectiveness.
- Provides “what-if” analysis and recommendations to improve staffing levels and efficiency, working with Contact Center Consulting to determine best skilling mix and allocations.
- Ensures that all reports originating from the department are accurate and reliable.
- Helps with the integration and implementation of new call center technologies.
- Prepares and analyzes monthly reports.
- Assists during new account sales process by producing staffing projections, assisting with call center education and tours.
- Assumes and performs other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, but which are logically and properly inherent to the position.
- Advanced knowledge of call center management and all related calculations
- Advanced knowledge of various forecasting / scheduling software
- Strong analysis skills, understanding complex formulas, data transformations and record keys from multiple sources
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and perform multiple tasks with attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate call center data/forecasts to all levels of employees in an understandable fashion
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Capability of problem solving
- Some college desired with mathematical or statistical course work
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience forecasting in a mutli-channel call center environment
- Minimum of one (1) years of experience in trend analysis
- Spreadsheets with advanced formula application and database software (e.g. Excel and Access) experience required
- Strong knowledge in Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) technology and experience with forecasting / scheduling software
- Experience utilizing a major ACD system