Thanks so much for participating in the 2018 SWPP Annual Conference as a speaker! Here is the Speaker Information you need to prepare for the conference:
Please register for the conference using a special form for speakers at http://www.swpp.org/speaker-sponsor-registration/. Your conference fee is waived as a speaker, but you are responsible for your own hotel, airfare, and other travel costs.
Please make your hotel reservations as soon as possible! A special conference rate of $250 is available at the Omni until May 4 or until rooms are no longer available. To make your reservations, you may call the hotel directly at 800-843-6664 and tell them you are with the SWPP Annual Conference or go to https://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/nashville/meetings/society-of-workplace-planning-professionals to make your reservations. Rooms at the Omni go very quickly!
We also have a block of rooms at the Hampton Inn across the street from the Omni at 310 4th Avenue South at a conference rate of $219 per night. Go to http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/groups/personalized/B/BNADTHX-SPP-20180603/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG to make reservations at the Hampton Inn.
There are many other hotels in the downtown Nashville area if these hotels do not fit in your plans or are sold out. However, there is always limited availability at downtown hotels, so please make your hotel reservations as soon as possible.
Speaker Webinar Information
Here is the information from our Speaker Webinar.
Click here to hear the recording.
Click here to view the updated presentation from 2018: Webinar – Seven Words for Better Presentations_SWPP 2018
Deadlines and Responsibilities
We will NOT be providing paper copies of the sessions to attendees. We will be putting the PowerPoints for each session on the website a few weeks before the conference to enable the attendees to download and print them before the conference. The PowerPoint will be available on the website for printing before the conference unless you specify that we use the PDF. Also, a PDF of each session and the session evaluation form will be available in our mobile app, which we are providing for the first time.
Please note that if you do not get your session materials in by the due date, you will need to bring paper copies of your slides to your session for distribution since they will not be available on the website or in the mobile app.
Speaker Information Form Due Monday, May 7, 2018
(one per speaker – for mobile app)
Audio Visual Form Due Monday, May 7, 2018
(one per session – only submit if extra A/V is needed)
Electronic Copy of Presentation Due Monday, May 7, 2018
(one per session – both PowerPoint and PDF)
Materials should be sent to Alexandra Lewis, Conference Assistant, at Alex.email@example.com.
Presentation Material Information
Your presentation materials should help guide attendees to easily follow your presentation while you are speaking, and should serve as a reference tool once they are back in the office. Please remember that your presentation should outline the topics that you will be covering and should not be an exact script of what you will be saying during your presentation.
Please use the following format for your presentation:
- We will need you to provide us with both a PowerPoint file and a PDF file for each session. If you have backup information in another program, please send that as well. The PowerPoint will be available on the website for printing before the conference unless you specify that we use the PDF. Send the PowerPoint, PDF, and backup information files to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please use the title of your presentation as shown in the brochure as the name of the file that you submit.
- The session title should appear on the first slide and the title of your presentation should be the file name. You should also include your speaker(s) bio and contact information on a separate slide.
- The number of slides that you prepare for your presentation should be based on the allotted speaking time. Each session is one hour and 15 minutes long. Please allow for one hour of presentation with 15 minutes for Q&A at the end. It is helpful to do a practice session to make sure that you don’t have too little or too much material. If there are several people presenting in one session, please make sure you create the appropriate amount of material so that each of you has equal time.
- Keep your slides simple. Too much information or fancy templates on slides make them hard for attendees to read.
- Font sizes should be larger than 20 pt. If you use graphs or screen shots, please confirm that they can be read on the screen and on printouts.
- Please note that we are asking you to bring your own laptop with your session on it to connect to our LCD projector. Please let me know if this will be a problem.
All presentation materials should be sent to email@example.com by Monday, May 7, 2018.