Sr. Manager, Workforce Planning and BI – Seattle, WA
Posted On: 6-2-2014
Position Title: Sr Manager, Workforce Planning and BI
Job Location(s): Greater Seattle Area
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Consumer Support
APPLY Direct: email@example.com
Nintendo of America Inc.
Are you totally motivated by a forecast model that is accurate down to the interval? Does contact center complexity spark your drive to evolve the perfect model? Are you driven to ensure data is accurate, warehoused and displayed so leaders can make decisions that ensure operational success. Do you love working in collaboration with other leaders and enjoy growing a team’s skills from good to mastery level? Nintendo of America is calling! We are looking for a motivated, passionate, strategic and data driven leader. This is a great position for someone looking to grow and advance their career with a company that develops and appreciates high caliber talent. Come take on a new and exciting challenge with an iconic brand, which brings a smile to so many people, young and young at heart.
Description of Duties
Responsible for providing strategic direction and management oversight to Nintendo of America’s contact center workforce management and BI teams. The position oversees capacity planning for multiple channels, multiple sites, 1000 seats, for the America’s region. Output from this team is used by operation leadership to ensure service levels and consumer satisfaction is achieved. The role will own the forecasting and resource methodology evolution as well as the strategy of front-end reporting, while coordinating the ETL, warehousing, SQL and analysis activities of the back-end team. This role requires proven experience at delivering capacity planning models and reports, trending analysis, budget process input and business intelligence solutions using industry standard tools and practices. Duties include:
- Develop the Contact Center Demand Forecasting strategy, and manage the roadmap for delivery of that strategy.
- Create and support models that translate predicted demand into staffing capacity.
- Manage the annual and semi-annual budget process as it relates to capacity planning efforts.
- Manage and evolve the BI Roadmap and Reporting Front-End strategy to deliver designed capabilities that meet business needs.
- Manage and develop team members to evolve skills and meet KPIs on forecast and resource need accuracy, data integrity, using standardized, documented, and repeatable methods which ensure deliverables are on time with high quality.
- Effectively articulate information and analysis to executive management and contact center leaders.
- Develop working relationships with other departments to understand and gather data related to demand drivers.
- Gather and document Business User Requirements from multiple internal stakeholders.
- Design capabilities to meet defined requirements within the construct of the Reporting Front-End Strategy.
Summary of Requirements
- 5+ years in demand forecasting, capacity planning and workforce planning analysis in a contact center environment, including expertise in developing and evolving forecasting models with complex and multi-variant drivers, translating information to budget plans, and providing analysis on results.
- 3+ years in designing, developing and maturing reporting including waterfall reporting, trending, productivity reporting, shrinkage, scorecards and dashboards.
- Proven ability to use data to justify expenditures.
- Sound understanding with some practical experience of BI Best Practices/Methodologies, relational structures, dimensional data modeling, structured query language (SQL) skills, data warehouse and reporting techniques.
- Sound understanding with some practical experience with SQL Server 2005/2008 or Oracle databases building cubes, writing queries, scripts, stored procedures, triggers, and views. Experience developing stored procedures with T-SQL.
- Proven ability to manage and develop a team to success.
- Experience in a Customer Support and/or Contact Center environment.
- Excellent native SQL skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and results driven.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Wii U™ and Wii™ home consoles, and Nintendo 3DS™ and Nintendo DS™ families of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 4 billion video games and more than 637 million hardware units globally, including the current-generation Wii U, Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS XL, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DSi™ and Nintendo DSi XL™, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™ and Wii systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names such as Mario™, Donkey Kong™, Metroid™, Zelda™ and Pokémon™. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Western Hemisphere. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company’s website at http://www.nintendo.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans….valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.