Sr. Workforce Planning Consultant – Portland, OR or Oakland, CA
Posted On: 2-23-2015
Position Title: Sr. Workforce Planning Consultant
Job Location: Portland, OR or Oakland, CA
Apply at: jobs.kp.org
Health is our business
Kaiser Permanente Northwest is a national leader in the healthcare industry and we are currently looking for professionals who want to make a positive impact on the quality and cost of healthcare. This is an opportunity to work with business leaders, world-class physicians, and technology experts to shape the future of healthcare. At this time we are seeking candidates for these positions in Portland, Oregon or Oakland, California.
Sr. Workforce Planning Consultant
In this role, you will provide consultative and analytic support to executive leadership, management and/or labor partners/leaders in order to address complex strategic workforce planning issues. You will be expected to provide high level analysis, expert consultation, strategy development, complex project management, and comprehensive implementation to enable Kaiser Permanente to meet current and future organizational goals. In addition, you will integrate strategies and solutions across multidisciplinary functions, including workforce forecasting, recruitment, learning and development, workforce management, finance, strategic planning, and operations.
Qualifications for this position include the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources management, or related field; master’s degree in business administration, organizational development, public health, public policy, or related field preferred
- Minimum five years of relevant experience in workforce forecasting, care delivery operations, recruitment, learning and development, or management consulting
- Experience leading small project teams (up to 10 people)
- Demonstrated knowledge of business operations, management practices and principles, and human resources management trends and practices
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative/qualitative analysis
- Demonstrated competency in group facilitation and project management
- Ability to analyze and synthesize complex qualitative and quantitative data
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement innovative approaches
- Contribute to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards
- Strong knowledge of industry practices; knowledge of the health care or health insurance industries preferred
- Strong abilities in the following: oral and written communication, facilitation, interpersonal relations, influence/negotiation, development of summary-level presentations, conflict resolution, team building, and leadership
- Must be able to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment
For immediate consideration, please visit jobs.kp.org for complete qualifications and job submission details, referencing number 318507 (Oakland) or 327911 (Portland). Individuals who are bilingual or have multicultural or diverse patient population experience are encouraged to apply. Drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
If you would like to hear the Kaiser Permanente story as told by our employees, watch the videos at kp.org/jobs/video. Follow us on twitter.com/KPCareers or visit the KP Careers tab on facebook.com/KPThrive.
This position supports Kaiser Permanente’s code of conduct and compliance by adhering to all laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and internal policies and procedures.