Training and Development Manager – Princeton, NJ
Posted On: 7-27-2015
Position Title: Training and Development Manager
Job Location: Princeton, NJ
Apply Online: visit http://assistamericainc.gatherdocs.com/listing/1533 or email MRoessler@AssistAmerica.com with resume and salary requirements.
Assist America, Inc. the largest provider of global emergency medical services through employee and student benefit plans, has been saving lives since 1990. With offices in the US, India, the Philippines, China, and Lebanon, we respond with powerful resources to medical and other emergencies whenever a member becomes ill or injured while traveling 100 miles (150 kilometers) or more away from home, or in another country. The company serves more than 30 million members and over 300,000 enterprises through programs from the world’s most prominent group benefit providers. If you would like to be part of a company whose mission is to help save lives every day, Assist America may be the place for you.
Our members enjoy complete peace of mind, freed from dealing with complex decisions and financial considerations during difficult times, and secure in knowing that a single phone call to Assist America will put our vast network of resources in motion on behalf of any medical travel emergency. If appropriate medical care is not available locally, we will transport a patient, by air ambulance if necessary, to the nearest facility that meets our rigorous standards. Our 24-hour-a-day, 365-day-a-year operations centers are staffed by experienced, knowledgeable, multilingual emergency certified medical and assistance professionals.
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
The Training and Development Manager is responsible for a broad range of tactical and strategic responsibilities as they relate to quality assurance initiatives, training, and team member and business development. The incumbent is expected to participate in and lead various interdepartmental projects and is expected to provide guidance and insight from a training, quality assurance, and development perspective. Responsibilities will extend to all domestic and international operations.
The following represents those areas that have been determined to be core to successful performance in the role. This list is not exhaustive of all responsibilities placed upon this position,
- In close collaboration with all Operations managers, monitors team member performance related to expectations set by the organization through daily call monitoring and case review; identifying trends, issues, and best practices, and taking appropriate action as needed for domestic and international team members;
- In close collaboration with relevant department management and team members, conducts new hire training ensuring new hires are well educated and trained on department policies, expectations, and QA goals;
- Responsible for managing and administering the Quality Assurance awards program for all operations centers;
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of assigned projects, ensuring consistency with company goals;
- Identifies areas of need in relation to team member training and development, suggesting, developing, and leading in-house Customer Service and other related presentations and trainings to ensure QA goals are met and exceeded;
- Develops, reviews, and revises all necessary training policies and manuals for operations departments and sales teams, standardizing procedures and protocols across business locations. Leverages relationships within international offices to ensure successful implementation of programs;
- Works with both domestic and international department and executive management to set and review standards of expectations against department operations, suggesting changes or revisions as necessary;
- Maintains and supplements job knowledge by actively researching and participating in continuing education related to Quality Management and Training;
- Acts as a main point of contact and advocate for company teambuilding and wellness initiatives, actively seeking and managing new and creative ways in which to foster a team environment;
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field;
- Two – Four years of related experience required, five to eight preferred;
- Training and/or development related certification(s);
- Command of MS or similar suite of products;
- Knowledge and understanding of QA programs;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to use and interpret statistical data for useful purposes;
- Demonstrated ability to successfully coach and mentor employees;
- Prior Customer Service experience (preferred);
- International Experience (preferred);
- Foreign language skills (preferred).
Princeton Office- 202 Carnegie Center – Princeton, New Jersey, 08540
To apply, please visit http://assistamericainc.gatherdocs.com/listing/1533 or email MRoessler@AssistAmerica.com with resume and salary requirements.