VP Workforce Management – Multiple Locations
Posted On: 8-8-2015
Position Title: VP Workforce Management
Job Location: Columbus, OH – Memphis, TN – Orlando, FL – Dubuque, IA – Remote
CLAIM YOUR FUTURE AS A GREAT PERFORMER!
Providing both satisfying and challenging work along with a highly professional and friendly work atmosphere, Sedgwick has a strong commitment to its colleagues and its clients. If you are seeking a place where you can do great things for those whose lives you touch while maximizing your own career possibilities, Sedgwick is the place for you. As the largest and most innovative Third Party Administrator in the claims industry and the first and only TPA to receive both recognition as the Best TPA in America and the coveted Employer of Choice designation, we invite you to come be a part of our team and, “Claim Your Future.”
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To provide strategic direction and tactical leadership for all functional areas within enterprise Workforce Management; to initiate, implement, and effectively manage advanced workforce planning and optimization practices for the organization; and to optimize resource performance across multiple operations and business units utilizing automated workforce tools ensuring organizational performance requirements and client specific service commitments are met.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops, supports, and drives strategic objectives of the workforce management organization on behalf of multiple business units and in alignment with enterprise goals.
- Forms effective partnerships with various contact center operations, business unit leadership, and corporate support functions to understand and address organizational staffing requirements.
- Ensures development and execution of organizational and site level long term forecasts and workforce budgets.
- Identifies technology needs related to areas of responsibility; initiates and implements industry leading technology and process improvement projects.
- Ensures development and continuous improvement of organizational report structure – supporting client, marketing, pricing, analytical and daily operations reporting requirements.
- Ensures national contact center and other supported service operations achieve required service level, cost targets, and overall performance metrics through development and implementation of optimal recruiting and staffing processes.
- Develops, communicates, and continuously assesses position requirements for direct reports; coaches colleagues to improve individual and team performance against established metrics.
- Identifies opportunities to enhance scheduling efficiency and increase colleague effectiveness in response to changing business needs and client segment requirements.
- Communicates with executive management regarding long and short term forecasts, impact of procedural and process changes, and other staffing and operational effectiveness issues.
- Initiates and implements enhanced workforce management practices for the organization including direction of multi-site service center workforce management functions, scheduling administration; and provides support, direction, and development of direct reports.
- Works effectively within a team based environment and maintains good internal and external client relationships.
- Ensures organizational alignment through cooperative development of individual and departmental objectives with operations management team; and provides individual and organizational feedback on performance on a continuous basis.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization’s quality program(s).
- Travels as required.
- Administers company personnel policies in all areas and follows company staffing standards and training recommendations.
- Interviews, hires and establishes colleague performance development plans; conducts colleague performance reviews.
- Provides support, guidance, leadership and motivation to promote maximum performance.
Education & Licensing
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
Ten (10) years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required to include five (5) years of executive workforce management leadership and analytical modeling experience within high volume service focused contact center environment. Experience administering automated workforce management tools (preferably Verint Systems) in multi-site environment incorporating 1000+ colleagues preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of automated workforce management tools (Verint Systems) in a multi-site environment
- Excellent knowledge of multi-channel service center processes and operations
- Demonstrated skills with workforce management, reporting and executive level presentation, including Microsoft Office products
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Leadership/management/motivational skills
- Behavioral flexibility and agility in managing multiple and conflicting priorities
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Exceptional multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
NOTE: Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.
If interested in this great opportunity, please visit our website at www.sedgwick.com
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick CMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability or any other legally protected status.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer