Workforce Management Analyst – Des Plaines, IL – Wheels Inc.
Posted On: 1-14-2016
Position Title: Workforce Management Analyst
Job Location: Des Plaines, IL
Company: Wheels, Inc.
Apply To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Workforce Management Analyst
Department: Contact Center Operations
Reports To: Supervisor, Contact Center Operations
The Workforce Management Analyst is responsible for tactical planning and schedule adjustments, intra-day management, and historical trend analysis to ensure the call center achieves service levels and key performance indicators on a daily and interval basis. Key responsibilities include operational, procedural, and data analysis to achieve service level objectives, improve efficiencies, and deliver a world-class customer experience while controlling expenses. Areas of focus include, but are not limited to scheduling, daily staffing requirements, forecasting procedures, service level, outliers, handle times, shrinkage, occupancy, and other call center metrics. Daily and ad-hoc report generation, intra-departmental communication and relationship building are key aspects of this role.
This multi-skilled, high volume, dynamic environment requires the Workforce Management Analyst to utilize the call center tools in the Interactive Intelligence suite, IEX, and MS Office to ensure standards established by our clients and internal operating standards are achieved. The successful candidate will have 3-5 years of WFM experience in a call center with 100+ agents, a solid understanding of ACD call flow technology, and readily adapt to new WFM tools, such as IEX Totalview.
- Tactical schedule management to maximize staffing resources and achieve service level objectives and limit staffing expenses
- Intraday management and response plan implementation to ensure schedule adherence, respond to unplanned call, staffing, and handle time variances
- Daily schedule and activity maintenance within WFM scheduling and ACD software tools
- Perform time-off management responsibilities within WFM software tools
- Provide trend analysis and feedback to the WFM Resource Planner to improve call, handle time, and shrinkage forecasts
- Assist with daily, weekly, monthly, and ad-hoc reporting for management team, business partners, and key stakeholders
- Provide back-up support for forecasting and scheduling processes
- Communicate daily with multiple lines of business to ensure active involvement in scheduling, tactical planning, and analysis activities
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years inbound call center experience
- Experience with one of the following systems is required: TCS, IEX, Blue Pumpkin, eWFM, Genesys, or I3 Optimizer
- Must be proficient in MS Excel, and have a solid background in all MS Office products
- Knowledge in SQL Server Management a plus (preferred, but not required)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Experience analyzing, interpreting and summarizing complex data as it relates to call center technologies and processes
- Proven communication across all levels including front-line associates, management, peers, and senior management
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent work experience
Skills and Abilities
- Change management – taking a concept, recommending a solution, and developing and implementing a plan
- Flexibility – adaptable and flexible to work environment, including but not limited to working the hours required to meet business needs, multi-tasking, and easily adapting to changes with minimal notice
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and follow-through
Ability to learn and implement new systems, procedures, and business processes quickly