Workforce Management Manager – Houston, TX – CenterPoint Energy
Posted On: 09-08-2017
Position Title: Workforce Management Manager
Job Location: Houston, TX
Apply Online: www.centerpointenergy.com/careers
WORKFORCE MANAGEMENT MANAGER
Responsible for managing the processes and technology associated with the Customer Services workforce planning function. This position will also manage the short-term and long-term operational workload forecasts and ½ hour staffing needs for both internal and outsourced Customer Service operations; in addition to managing longer-term workload forecasts and processes to be used for determining mid- to long-term staffing and infrastructure needs for the Customer Service operation.
- Responsible for managing the Customer Services call volume forecasts for internal and outsourced contact centers at a level of accuracy that will optimize service level and productivity.
- Interfaces and coordinates with various internal business and operational functions (i.e. Marketing, Revenue Management, Pricing, etc.) for the purpose of incorporating external factors into the Customer Service operational forecasts.
- Responsible for managing the ½ hour staffing requirements for all call center (both internal and outsourced) resources utilizing a combination of Genesys CTI, Baybridge forecasting models and Pipkins workforce planning tools/application in an effort to optimize service level and productivity.
- Responsible for managing the forecasting and planning process in compliance with outsourcing vendor contracts.
- Responsible for developing and managing an integrated mid- to long-term resource plan to ensure proactive planning and optimal utilization of resources including call center agents and support personnel, premise based technologies (e.g., workstations), voice and data networks, and other facility related needs (e.g., training infrastructure) based on forecasted workload, and service level and financial/utilization objectives.
- Responsible for the management of people, process and technology in regards to the Workforce Management (WFM) team.
- Responsible for forecasting and scheduling procedures and deliverables.
- Participation in Customer Service projects and initiatives.
- Responsible for telephony and workforce management technology architecture.
- Responsible for management, updates, and execution of call center Business Continuity Plans
- Responsible for the development and implementation of succession and knowledge transition plans for team.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in business administration, information technology or other related business major from an accredited college or university. Preferred degree in Mathematics, Statistical Analysis, and Economics/Finance.
Requires a minimum three (3) years experience managing people and minimum five (5) years Workforce Management experience in a large multi-site call center environment.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, Licenses/Certifications, Abilities & Personal Characteristics (KSLAPs):
- Able to demonstrate and apply a thorough knowledge of WFM and Call Center operations
- Able to demonstrate excellent negotiation skills and consensus building.
- Able to work comfortably and communicate with all level of management and leadership.
- Able to manage a diverse range of projects simultaneously in a rapidly changing environment.
- Able to demonstrate and apply a thorough knowledge of call center workforce management and network routing technologies (i.e. ACDs, Aspect eWFM, etc.).
- Able to develop and/or utilize transaction-based econometric forecast models.
- Able to analyze performance trends and operational metrics in an effort to identify and articulate performance issues and improvement opportunities.
- Able to work with and communicate workforce management strategies with Customer Service operational leadership in an effort to drive performance towards common goals and objectives.
- Able to demonstrate and apply superior analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Able to achieve quality work under deadline pressure.
- Ability to learn and apply new knowledge and skills quickly.
- Able to adapt quickly to changing demands and to work effectively in a rapidly changing environment.
- Able to solve problems guided only by general organization objectives, policies, and goals.
- Able to develop people and drive performance.
- Able to drive improvements surrounding telephony and workforce management technologies.
- Able to demonstrate commitment to compliance with applicable laws and regulations, the Company’s Ethics and Compliance Code of Conduct, and other Company policies and procedures and do so consistently, take all required training courses and do so timely.
- Able to demonstrate respect for all individuals, adhere to the Company’s values and business practices and do both consistently.
- Able to communicate orally in a clear manner.
- Able to operate a personal computer, either desktop or laptop and to operate office equipment, including telephone, photocopier, fax machine, scanner, etc.
- Able to view a personal computer monitor or laptop screen for extended periods of time.
- Able to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a minimal amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move.
- Able to work indoors, in an office environment, regardless of whether cubicle, open office or private office.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment with high daily pressure to meet deadlines.
- Able to work a varied schedule, including occasional overtime to complete projects and meet deadlines in response to changing demands.
- Able to travel occasionally and stay overnight as required.