Workforce Management Scheduler – Fishers, IN
Company: Sallie Mae
Workforce Management Scheduler
Location: Fishers, IN
Sallie Mae (NASDAQ: SLM) is the nation’s No. 1 financial services company specializing in education. Whether college is a long way off or just around the corner, Sallie Mae turns education dreams into reality for its 25 million customers. With products and services that include college savings programs, scholarship search tools, education loans, tuition insurance, and online banking, Sallie Mae offers solutions that help families save, plan, and pay for college. Sallie Mae also provides financial services to hundreds of college campuses as well as to federal and state governments. Commonly known as Sallie Mae, SLM Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
The Workforce Management Scheduler position is primarily responsible for ensuring that all schedules are generated properly and adhere to the schedule bid that is currently in place for each individual in the call center workforce. This is done through effective management of the Workforce Management Software system tour groups, agent data and staff availability. The incumbent must be able to accomodate a schedule that will fluctuate between the hours of 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Analyzing forecasted volume and available staff to ensure that we schedule our staff in the most efficient manner to properly utulize our available resources and maintain acceptable service levels.
- Accurate alternative recommendations that result in acceptable maintenance of service levels. This will be done primarily through targeting and recommending training and offline opportunities when the volume to staff ratio is low and recommending overtime solicitation when the volume to staff ratio is high.
- Continual review of schedules, patterns and recommending opportunities for gained efficiency through alternative scheduling.
- Scheduling all onsite training and off line activities as requested by management.
- Further determine how many vacation positions can be allocated to each call type on any given day and using this information to assist in the planning of our time off calendar.
- Ensuring that all aspects of the Workforce Management Software systems are accurrately and effectively maintained and updated on a continual basis.
- High school education.
- 1-2 years of experience working with Call Center Workforce Management tools.
- In depth knowledge of business processes and call center operations.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Must be able to type at least 30 wpm.
- Must be detail oriented and well organized.
- Must be able to communicate ideas to all levels of management in a clear and concise manner.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Due to low level of supervision, must be able to make quick, effective and sound decisions.
- Flexibility in hours (40+ hours per week as needed to achieve stated goals).
Sallie Mae is a federal government contractor. Should this position support a government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. SLM Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Sallie Mae is a drug free workplace.
Candidates can apply online at www.salliemae.candidatecare.com