Workforce Management Supervisor – Elkridge, MD
Posted On: 9-15-2014
Position Title: Workforce Management Supervisor
Job Location: Elkridge, MD
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum –a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 17 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.
The Workforce Management Supervisor will be responsible for building and leading their own team of 2-3 direct reports as well leading the implementation of a Workforce Management Software System.
This person will work directly with the Sr. Financial/ WFM Analyst to ensure we are staffed to meet our annual goals as well as work with the dialer admin team. Will be required to implement shift bids as need and develop the SOPs for WFM in partnership with the leadership team.
Positions in this function are responsible for determining and communicating work schedules, resources for various call queues. Works with site leaders to ensure adequate staff, contingency plans and workflow monitoring.
- Implement and use the i3 Workforce Management Software and call volume history to help manage intra-day staffing levels and to determine the most effective methods for staffing adjustments
- Utilize call center tools to observe agents actual state compared to agents scheduled state.
- Build and lead a Workforce Management team
- Manage real-time inbound call traffic to help ensure that service levels are met
- Gain an understanding of the technical and business solutions: optimized schedules, forecasts and other tools and present them to management
- Prepare and maintain reports, dashboards and monthly packages.
- Gain familiarity with analysis and ensure consistent methodologies are followed to maintain quality
- Support the preparation of ad hoc analysis that enables strong understanding of the business
- Provide training on report, dashboard and package development to team members and management as needed
- College Degree and or 5+ years’ experience workforce management in a call center
- 5+ years of workforce management experience leading at least 2-3 direct reports (i.e. responsible for scheduling, call volume monitoring and adjusting, determining and communicating work schedules and resources for call queues, consulting with call operations, etc)
- 5+ years experience leading hourly and salaried employees
- 5+ years of experience with and implementing workforce systems such as Avaya, CMS, IEX, eWFM, Genesis, and/ or Blue Pumpkin
- Bachelor’s Degree
Take the next step, online at: www.yourlifesbestwork.com
At Optum, you will perform within an innovative culture that’s focused on transformational change in the Healthcare system. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multifaceted business. And you will make contributions that will have an impact that’s greater than you’ve ever imagined.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.