Provides guidance, support and planning in the daily operations of a business unit and to assure compliance with department goals and objectives. Subordinates exercise significant latitude and independence in their assignments. Functions as advisor to analyze and resolve problems, interpret policies (i.e., fiscal management, HR, resource management in defined areas) and demonstrate solid knowledge of function.
Essential Functions / Principal Responsibilities
- Manages a team of Schedule Desk and Real Time Operations analyst that support multiple LoB across multiple sites.
- Conducts analysis and recommends solutions to real time performance issues with the operational business units.
- Ensures all required WFM data is tracked and trended on a continuous basis.
- Interfaces with Executive Leadership as needed for escalation of service impacting issues.
- Manages the staff schedules and responsibilities of Workforce Management team.
- Meets department budget goals by controlling costs for equipment and personnel.
- Responsible for performance appraisals of all direct reports.
- Establishes performance objectives for direct reports
- Coaches and develops a high performance team through organizational leadership
- Demonstrates sound judgment and fairness when administering policies and procedures
- Ensures team accurately tracks and manages call center schedule adherence
- Monitors absenteeism levels and works with Management and HR on attendance management initiatives
- Prepares daily/weekly/monthly reports and distribute to the Management team
- Builds effective working relationships with internal departments
- Works with Senior Management team on initiatives to support new business growth and overall operations
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent knowledge of Workforce Management applications, technologies and key performance indicators
- Expert knowledge and understanding of workforce planning programs and principles
- Thorough understanding of Aspect, Avaya and IEX
Demonstrated skills in all phases of workforce planning, forecasting and Intra-day functions
- Advanced abilities in using Microsoft Office (especially MS Excel).
- High degree of verbal and written communication skills, rational persuasion and negotiating aptitude, and the ability to effectively and concisely present information at all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical abilities to provide strategies based on historical and current data
The ability to work with management teams to ensure clear goals regarding service level agreements
- Proven ability to manage people, processes, and technology
- Experience in developing a workforce team in a call center site, while meeting and/or exceeding all operational and financial objectives
- Solid financial and quantitative skills with a proven track record for delivering high quality results
- Demonstrated management leadership skills – i.e., ability to build high performance teams, motivate and influence employees to exceed performance initiatives, and posses an understanding of the business and financial elements of a large operation
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects leading technical and development teams, and working with peers in a cross-functional setting
- Demonstrated success managing new initiatives while meeting operating and budgetary requirements
- Ability to react quickly and take advantage of changing business conditions in real-time
- Highly motivated, creative, self-sufficient and able to operate effectively without close supervision
- Passion for excellence, strong work ethic and solutions-oriented
Education, Work Experience, Licenses & Certifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years previous Workforce Management/Analyst experience
Associates/Bachelors Degree in Business Management, Finance or similar field
- 3-5 years previous call center experience required (multi-cite call center environment
- 2-3 years previous IEX TotalView system administration/end-user experience