Workforce Manager – Orlando, FL
Posted On: 2-13-2015
Position Title: Workforce Manager – Owner Services
Job Location: Orlando, FL
Company Name: Starwood Vacation Ownership
Contact Info: Penny.Underwood@starwoodvo.com
Starwood Vacation Ownership (SVO) is one of the premier developers and operators of high-quality vacation ownership resorts. The company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: HOT) and currently operates vacation ownership resorts under the Westin and Sheraton brands in some of the world’s most desirable destinations, including Hawai‘i, Colorado and the Caribbean.
Located in southwest Orlando, FL, Starwood Vacation Ownership’s Operations Center provides outstanding career opportunities for dedicated, career-minded professionals in all areas of our dynamic organization.
Owner Services is the inbound call center that supports all the servicing needs for Starwood Vacation Ownership owners. We educate our Owners to maximize their product enjoyment and seize every opportunity to respond to Customer needs. Our department handles over 1 million contacts with owners via inbound and outbound calls, email and live chat. Our department has 9 business units and over 140 Vacation Planning Counselors available to service our owners.
The Manager, Workforce Management is responsible for overseeing the workforce management team and all workforce related processes for Owner Services for the purposes of achieving service level and financial targets. This includes short term and long term forecasting and staff planning, as well as scheduling, real-time management, reporting and data analysis. In addition, he/she is responsible for aspect of department level business reporting. He/She will work with contact center managers and senior leaders to ensure the best; most desirable, fair and consistent practices are in place and provide the appropriate balance between employee satisfaction and the achievement of business objectives. He/She will also monitor business trends ensuring early warning systems are in place to respond to these trends prior to any impacts to revenue, costs, service levels or customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Accounting, Marketing or similar field of study required.
- Five+ years’ in a Call Center Management environment with emphasis in Forecasting and Scheduling.
- Three+ years’ workforce management or resource planning experience in a leadership role.
- Advanced experience with standard MS desktop applications, Excel, Word, Outlook (Access and PowerPoint a plus).
- Knowledge of call routing software and ACD functionality and other contact center technologies.
- Proven experience in working with business related data, reporting systems, report creation and analytics.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and aggressive timelines.
- Must be able to work independently to meet team objectives
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong and versatile leadership skills in a team-focused environment.
- Highly motivated to succeed, including a demonstrated aggressive, professional business style
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Strong communication skills, including written, verbal, presentation and customer service expertise.
- Knowledge of relational database design and reporting systems.
- Strong working knowledge of call center staffing, scheduling, reporting, forecasting and systems
- Expert analytical/problem solving.
- Strong working knowledge of contact centers including reporting, forecasting and systems, call routing, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to make effective decisions in a fast paced environment.
- Understanding of key metrics, including expected occupancy, service levels, handle time, abandon rate, and ASA
- Strong analytical, math, and reasoning skills.