Workforce Manager/Analyst – Gaithersburg, MD
Posted On: 3-10-2015 – updated 4-17-2015
Position Title: Workforce Manager/Analyst
Job Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Position Title: Manager, Workforce Management
Division: Access Services
Department: Contact Center Operations
Reports To: Access 360 Associate Director of Operations
Responsible for maintaining an efficient contact center operation. Partners with the management team to share responsibility for meeting service level and response time objectives across all contact channels. Ensures effective and efficient utilization of resources. Plans, organizes and manages the workload through accurate forecasts, staff calculations, schedules and management reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop both short and long-term capacity plans and provide accurate workload forecasts for staff planning and budgeting, and systematically collect data required to do so.
- Facilitate the coordination of shift assignments, vacation bids, time off approvals, and daily schedule processes.
- Compile daily, weekly and monthly reporting of resource management results for the contact center management team. Such reports will include monthly attrition, monthly capacity/utilization and performance reports, intra-day summaries and daily summary reports.
- Function as a liaison with other organizational areas/departments to resolve issues affecting contact center personnel relating to staffing, payroll or capacity (i.e. implementation of new initiatives, acquisitions, and/or changes that affect customer contact patterns).
- Promote education and understanding of business requirements and workforce management practices among contact center management and agents.
- Produce contact volume and processing time forecasts on interval, daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis for work groups, and compare actual results to forecast, identifying opportunities for improvement and recommend solutions.
- Motivate and educate WFM Team to meet contact center performance objectives.
- Work with routing team to implement/maintain best contact routing design for performance, manageability, WFM, and reporting.
- Create policies and procedures to standardize specific WFM functions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university. Prior WFM lead or supervisory experience required. Prior experience with statistical reporting and analysis, advanced experience working with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel. Proven experience in utilizing an industry-recognized application for performing forecasting and other workforce management functions (IEX, Aspect, Interactive Intelligence, etc.). 3-5 years in WFM role working with multiple contact types (calls, fax, email, outbound/dialer) preferred. Experience with IVR Management and volume analysis (i.e. Cisco, Avaya, Interactive Intelligence, Genesys).
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must have superior interpersonal skills and ability to effectively present complex information to front line employees, contact center management, and senior executives.
Analytical and Problem Solving Skills:
Must have excellent analytical skills, be able to work under pressure, and able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast–paced environment. Candidate must be able to work with limited direction, be self-motivated, and have a creative approach to problem solving. Previous experience with relational databases and WFM software preferred. Action oriented; Ability to adapt to change and implement quickly based on overall direction and needs of the company.