Workforce Supervisor – Columbia, MD – Optum
Posted On: 03-16-2018
Position Title: Workforce Supervisor
Job Location: Franklin, TN or Columbia, MD
Apply Online: Optum.com
The Workforce Supervisor is responsible for managing a team of scheduling and real time analysts. Responsibilities include monitoring call volumes both IB/OB, analyzing results, decision making, working in a fast paced environment, assigning WG/skilling needs, determining work schedules and reporting out on results/impacts for all queues. The Workforce Supervisor works with site leaders to ensure adequate staff, contingency plans and workflow monitoring. In addition, communicates contingency plans in both low and high IB/OB call volume situations. This role supports our contact centers and is empowered to make decisions.
- Manage and develop a team of RTA’s and Schedulers to ensure Service levels are being met across all queues
- Use I3 and call volume history to help manage intra-day staffing levels and to determine the most effective methods for staffing adjustments. Makes recommendations and adjustments as needed.
- Ensure the proper administration of the workforce management tool and keep the system updated ensuring accurate results
- Ensures team is consistent in using call center tools to observe agents actual state compared to agents scheduled state
- Schedule all off phone activities such as team meetings, coaching, and training etc.
Management of shift realignments, overtime planning, and overtime implementation
- Plan and Manage shrinkage requirements and paid time off (PTO) limits based on historic data to help ensure service levels are met.
- Creates processes and procedures around best practices
- Ensures team is applying proper workgroup assignments and partners with the dialer team to maximize productivity.
- Understands the skill assignment process in I3 with WG assignments and the relationship
- Ensures team is monitoring real-time outbound/inbound call traffic to meet service levels.
- Ensure team delivers RTA reports (attendance, daily readout timely with detailed analysis)
- Makes daily business impacting decisions or recommendations regarding staffing
- Partners on process and makes recommendations for optimal scheduling
- Manage existing schedules by determining current and future scheduling needs.
- Knows headcount v. the staff plan and communicates areas of concern with recommendation
- Ensures timeliness and accuracy with WG assignments/skilling.
- Attends daily touch point call
- Plans for holidays, center closures, Overtime and call routing needs
- Assist with creating tracking documents, conduct analysis and report results to leadership
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelors Degree
- 3+ years Workforce Management experience
- 2+ years in a Workforce Management Supervisory role
- 2+ years experience with workforce systems such as Avaya, CMS, IEX, eWFM, Genesys,
- Interactive Intelligence and/or Blue Pumpkin
- 2+ years experience working in a contact center
- Proficient with MS Excel, Word, Powerpoint (i.e. creating spreadsheets, v-lookups, pivot tables, etc)
- Proficient with SQL
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends as needed