Analyst – Workforce Management – Multiple Locations
Posted On: 08-08-2015
Position Title: Analyst – Workforce Management
Job Locattion: Phoenix, AZ, Overland Park, KS, Hartford, CT or Tampa, FL.
Contact: Kristin Reynolds, Kristin.Reynolds@carecentrix.com, or Kira.Rivera@carecentrix.com
|FLSA: Yes||Grade:||P2||Job Code: 08-A0119 and 08-B0119|
|Department:||Workforce Management||Business Unit:||Operations|
|Reports To:||Director, Workforce Management||Positions Supervised: If applicable, list level of positions supervised, i.e. Manager, Professional Exempt, Hourly, etc.||None|
The Workforce Management Analyst will be responsible for managing the day to day, short term and long term forecasting and scheduling for the contact center. Provide real time / historical call center data to CareCentrix personnel, working with call center leaders. Serve as the subject matter expert for call traffic and assist with decision making on staffing based on call data. Ensure strategic goals are met through forecast modeling, collaborative planning and effective communication, while insuring forecast alignment with strategic goals. Analyze trends within assigned operations, including call volumes; call patterns, off-phone volumes and arrival patterns, staff productivity, and resource allocation. The candidate will use these analysis results to forecast both inbound call and off-phone work arrival patterns. Expert in staffing and scheduling plans to meet business unit goals, client goals, and corporate objectives.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree preferred (will consider equivalent combination of experience and education). The candidate must possess prior workforce management experience in a large/medium call center. The candidate must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a call center environment, and must be knowledgeable in a Workforce Management system such as: IEX, Blue Pumpkin, Avaya or I3 call center scheduling tool. (I3 experience is ideal). Must be proficient in MS Excel, and have a solid background in all MS Office products. Knowledge and experience with call flow technologies and strategies is preferred. The candidate will have a demonstrated proficiency/knowledge base in standard staffing practices/protocol for call centers. Healthcare management staffing experience preferred but not required
- Assists with staffing requirements, analysis, and scheduling of staff for both phone and off-phone work volumes to ensure contractual service levels are always met. Provides expertise in call trending and tracking of call volumes which will be used to assist in staffing decisions. Capture and organize contact volumes and distribution trends (intraday, seasonal, peak periods).
- Works with the leadership teams to develop and maintain an effective short term forecast (3-6 months) Adjust forecasts as required to follow trends and recommend schedules of staff to handle workload while meeting performance targets, addressing shift needs, schedule availability, and off phone time (breaks, lunch, training, vacation, etc.).
- Compare call forecasts with actual results to examine variances, proactively identify scheduling gaps and offer solutions to close them. Complete performance analysis of daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual results for the call center.
- Develop and maintain a long term forecast (6-12 months) to assist in evaluating hiring and training needs and develop key inputs for budgeting process.
- Run ad hoc analysis to support, “what if” scenarios or other analysis requested.
- Coordinates pre-planned, off-phone agent activity scheduling, such as team meetings, one on ones and training events.
- Makes recommendations on PTO allowances, as well as assists with real-time measurements with unscheduled time off.
- Monitors and maintains agent adherence through the use of available systems.
- Proactively provides ongoing internal communications with call center leaders on load balancing and staffing requirements real-time and historically.
- Compiles and distributes workforce management reports as needed.
- Tracks absenteeism as reported to the workforce team.
- Participates in and contributes to performance improvement activities.
- Assists in implementing and maintaining operational processes to ensure compliance to Company policies, legal requirements and regulatory mandates.
- Reviews and adheres to all Company policies and procedures and the Employee Handbook.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
ATTRIBUTES / QUALIFICATIONS
This position requires excellent analytical and communications skills. Additional attributes for this position are a strong attention to detail, and the ability to quickly analyze data and trends real-time to make or recommend business decisions based on data analysis. Must be able to interact with a diverse clientele, possess strong organizational skills, and effectively prioritize and manage tasks. Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and able to work under minimal supervision. Ability to work in a performance based environment. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Knowledge of Utilization Management and URAC standards.
- Abides by and demonstrates the company Mission – Vision – Values through both behavior and job performance on a day-to-day basis.
- Convey a strong professional image, exhibit interest and positive attitude toward all assigned work.
- Adheres to and participates in Company’s mandatory HIPAA privacy program / practices and Business Ethics and Compliance programs / practices.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 90% of the time.
- Occasionally move about the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery (i.e., a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer).
- Frequently communicates via phone and email. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Occasionally lift items weighing up to 10 pounds.