Command Center Forecast Analyst – Durham, NC
Posted On: 4-5-2013
Position Title: Command Center Forecast Analyst
Location: Durham, NC
Command Center Forecast Analyst – BCBSNC
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of NC has an immediate need to hire a Command Center Forecast Analyst in our Durham NC, office.
The Command Center Forecast Analyst provides WorkForce Management (WFM) forecasts, staffing requirements, and performance monitoring for multiple groups by continually analyzing call volume, history, trends and patterns to meet service level requirements which support operational excellence. Creates schedule requirements based on historical inbound/outbound data to ensure the correct number of agents budgeted and required to meet service levels. Tracks and reports on the financial impact to the business of call center staffing and operational changes such as the impact of hiring and attrition moves, tying call center performance to overall business objectives and consistently reporting these changes to management.
• Track and analyze historical call volumes and arrival patterns.
• Identify call volume trends and averages on a daily, weekly, monthly and seasonal basis.
• Forecast call volume and resource requirements necessary to meet objectives.
• Proactively incorporate cyclical and periodic events into forecasted daily, weekly, monthly and annual volume and staffing plans.
• Creates forecast for managing holiday and peak PTO periods to ensure adequate and equitable coverage.
• Develop accurate long term and short term forecasts of contact volumes, handle times and off phone workload providing accurate workload predictions for budgeting, staffing (FTE’s) from multiple skills.
• Track and analyze agent performance metrics for interval shrinkage (schedule compliance, absenteeism, average call handle time).
• Review forecasts on an intra – daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis for all workgroups, and compares actual results to forecasts, identifying opportunities for improvement and implements solutions.
• Collaborate with the Workforce and contact center management team and other departments to identify workload drivers, growth plans, client issues, technology plans, etc.
• Develop staffing requirements and schedules for all sites that support the forecasted workload and enables contact center to meet service level objectives, quality objectives and employee paid time off entitlements.
• Create new forecast and schedule models based on forecast requirements.
• Provide post mortem reporting and analysis on previous daily interval activity and deviation.
• Recommend strategic changes that will drive improvements in contact center performance and deliverables.
• Bachelors Degree.
• Two years of contact center forecasting or corporate logistics experience required.
• If no Bachelors Degree, four years of contact center forecasting or corporate logistics experience required. Workforce Management and MS Office proficiency required.
Additional Critical Skills & Knowledge:
• Workforce Management Forecasting training
• Experience in the medical insurance industry
• Strong people skills and the ability to be resourceful , as well as to make concise, independent and defensible decisions in often high-pressure situations.
• Strong organizational skills which allow simultaneous completion of tasks and duties while maintaining the ability to coach and develop staff.
• Proven ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing detailed and complex information to others that possess varying degrees of comprehension.
• Facilitation and presentation skills.
**For more information and to apply for this position, please visit www.bcbsnc.com/careers and search for job #10645**