Director, Workforce Management – Forecasting & Scheduling – Atlanta, GA
Posted On: 4-29-2015
Position Title: Director, Workforce Management – Forecasting & Scheduling
Job Location: 6305 Peachtree, Dunwoody Road NE, Atlanta 30319
Company: Cox Communications
Posting Number: 155803
All applications must be submitted through our career site – please apply online:
- Visit www.cox.com/coxcareer
- Select “External Candidates”
- Search Posting # – 155803
- Select “Apply Online” and complete the applicants
The Director, Workforce Management – Forecasting and Scheduling is responsible for developing, implementing and managing forecasts, hire plans and scheduling for Customer Care, Sales, Retention, and Collections call centers. This role is accountable for contractual forecast locks with outsourcing partners & will work closely with the Outsource Partner Management team to ensure outsource capacity is aligned. This individual will direct the national planning team in all facets of forecasting and scheduling including call volumes, handle times, shrinkage, occupancy, and required staffing.
This role will partner closely with boundary partners in Technology, Marketing, Pricing and Product to ensure forecasts account for key business initiatives. This role will support the Capacity Planning team in all budgeting activities. This role will oversee the creation and execution of hire plans for each line of business and call center location. This role is also responsible for developing operating plans for seasonal volume events, such as back to school, retransmission expirations and rate action. The Director, Workforce Management – Forecasting and Scheduling is the business owner of the workforce management platform (eWFM), representing Cox Communications in the optimization, business requirements and application of the technology for the enterprise.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
1. Leads team of managers and analysts in forecasting, scheduling and hire plan management for each line of business and call center location.
2. Oversees the creation of accurate forecasts (monthly to 30-minute interval forecasts).
3. Ensures vendor forecasts are locked accurately and on time each month.
4. Coordinates with boundary partners to identify & size business initiatives that may impact forecasting assumptions
5. Oversees the execution of each hire plan & mitigate any risks
6. Presents and delivers high quality/efficient shift options to optimize service level
7. Supports Capacity Planning in annual budget creation and quarterly refresh by providing long term forecast inputs
8. Leads regular meetings with leaders in each line of business to review previous performance, future staffing outlook and mitigate any risk to attainment of key performance indicators, such as Service Level and Abandonment Rate
9. Oversees the system integrity of eWFM & partner with Aspect /alternative vendor on the product roadmap & functionality needs
10. Develops and oversees the creation of complex presentations and analysis, facilitates meetings and delivers presentations to varied audiences including executive leadership.
11. Drives quality management and continuous improvement in the areas of capacity planning, resource management and call center operations to ensure that industry best practices are adopted to enable efficient and streamlined execution of the forecasting, planning and scheduling work.
12. Establishes team goals, measures team performance and ensures that performance management responsibilities are executed, including communication, performance monitoring, documentation and coaching.
13. Participates on project teams that may be highly confidential or visible.
14. Continually assesses required skills and opportunities to maximize team performance and establishes depth of technical expertise in optimizing the eWFM software; establishes development plans and ensures execution of plans for each team member.
• Ten (10) or more years of experience required
• 7+ years leading a large scale, enterprise call center operations function and in -depth expertise in call center forecasting, scheduling and capacity planning
• Experience utilizing industry-accepted workforce planning software/applications, Aspect eWFM preferred.
• Expertise working with skill-based contact routing environment required.
• Two or more years managing in an ICM or similar enterprise IP environment experience preferred; Avaya and Cisco ICM/IPCC experience preferred.
• In-depth understanding of integrated workforce management and quality assurance tools working in tandem with a robust CRM application and telephony systems is required.
• Strategic planning, business planning and budget development/management experience is required.
• Strong analytical, operational & technical competencies required, with extensive experience at presenting data & complex analyses.
• Strong motivational, written, oral, presentation and communication skills are required.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate and achieve results via interpersonal and influencing skills required.
• Ability to effectively interact with and adapt to varied audiences, from front line through executive leadership is required.
• Demonstrated customer focus, making internal and external customer satisfaction a priority.
• Experience with business to consumer and business to business customers is preferred.
• Ability to prioritize and manage a broad range of complex initiatives
• Proficiency in MS Office applications; database management experience a plus.
• Ability to adapt effectively and lead organizational change.
• Demonstrated ability to manage across boundaries (organizational, geographic and cultural).
• BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired
• 3 or more years of experience in a management role preferred
• Experience in telecommunications industry desired