HFHP Operational Business Analyst – Rockledge FL
HEALTH FIRST, INC.
Health First Health Plans
6450 US Highway 1
Rockledge, Florida 32955
Dir. Customer Experience
Division: Health First Health Plans
Position of Report: Director of Customer Experience
Position Title: HFHP Operational Business Analyst
POSITION SUMMARY To be fully engaged in providing No Harm / Quality, Customer Experience, and Stewardship by: providing operational support, understanding the various functions and assigned applications used within the operations, providing knowledge and expertise to solve problems and develop solutions, performance analysis to ensure accurate, timely reporting, supporting business processes, and effectively manage the operation by keeping staffing and service demands within departmental goals.
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES *
· Prepares and documents business requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations.
· Performs routine duties independently; discusses or seeks approval on complex matters with Director/Manager. Keeps Management informed of status of activities and issues on a regularly.
· Participate in projects to implement strategies necessary for Health First Health Plans to maintain a competitive edge in the marketplace as it relates to health plan administration.
· Participates in Health First approved educational programs and activities related to the HFHP mission to keep abreast of current trends, best practices, and new developments in healthcare.
· Administer department workforce activities, personnel resources and productivity measurements with the goal of meeting operational metrics.
· Coordinate work orders for new applications, major updates or upgrades working closely with Corporate Information Technology and outside vendors
· Point of Contact for troubleshooting department systems and applications.
· Active participation in relevant user groups and meetings
· Recommends and implements process improvements to maximize efficiency.
· Continually seeks and capitalizes upon opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and reduce cost.
· Establishes responsible deadlines, prioritize work plans and manages time effectively.
· Perform all other duties as assigned to support the general operations and on-going success of the organization.
· Generates innovative solutions by approaching problems with curiosity and open mindedness, using existing information to its fullest potential.
· Participates in providing gap analyses, highlighting current state, future state, operational needs, and best practices.
· Assists in solving technical and performance problems
· Participates with corporate and department projects that impact health plan operations coordinating with all affected internal areas, external vendors and customers to ensure that business needs and implementation time frames are met.
· Provide high quality reporting, analytics for operational performance, preparing routine trend reports for review
· Compiles and interprets key business financial, operational and statistical data, analyzes metrics performance, and generates a variety of value-added reports for management
· Evaluates findings, using knowledge of workflow and operating practices
· Recommends establishment of new or modified reporting methods and procedures to improve report content and completeness of information
· Accountable for the development of innovative business solutions to maximize administrative efficiencies and customer satisfaction.
· Oversees the establishment of appropriate work processes to support successful health plan operations and efficient, cost-effective administration .
· Improves upon existing approaches by seeking opportunities to creatively transform current industry practices into fresh alternative solutions
· Analyze and predict data trends to provide support with cost reductions, forecast modeling and staffing support
· Bachelor's degree preferred; equivalent work experience will be considered
· 5 years of experience in a Call Center or other operational environment, preferably in health care
· Minimum 2 years scheduling/workforce management software preferred. Preferably with a solid background in a Workforce Management system – IEX, CTIOS, Blue Pumpkin, Verint, or other WFM software
· Healthcare data analyst experience preferred
· Strong data analysis and high proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Some database experience is a plus
· Maintaining a high level of motivation, initiative and accountability
· Staying organized and effectively prioritizing work and managing time
· Handling multiple tasks, often within limited time frames
· Working in a fast-paced and often stressful environment.
· Handling conflict in a productive manner
· Working effectively with all levels of employees and management
· Sitting and viewing a computer screen for several hours at a time
· Understand how various issues affect each other and the outcome of projects
· Anticipate needs before they arise and present solutions to management
· Proactively seek opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies
· Ability to work independently, performing duties with minimal supervision
· Ability to think critically to define issues, identifies risks, and propose outcomes
· Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
· Ability to develop presentations and effectively present data and trend information
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret business periodicals, journals, procedures and regulations