Manager, Workforce Management – Florence, SC – Assurant
Posted On: 11-04-2016
Position Title: Manager, Workforce Management (Command Center)
Job Location: Florence, SC
Assurant is hiring a Manager of Workforce Management within our Command Center team. This position will be located in our Florence, SC office. This management role will be responsible for leading a team of Hazard Intraday Analysts across multiple sites. This is an exciting opportunity to influence the daily operations of our Command Center supporting a vast number of internal and external clients.
- Hires, develops, evaluates, and (when necessary) disciplines and discharges subordinate personnel or makes authoritative recommendations in such matter. Develops function-specific orientation and training programs for Workforce Planning personnel. Establishes standards for effective job performance and evaluates subordinates according to such standards. Delegates these responsibilities to supervisory personnel as appropriate.
- Designs, develops, documents, and implements innovative methods for Command Center employees to manage Service Levels for all clients across 3 sites.
- Provides leadership and drives change toward efficiently meeting client contractual obligations by collaborating and communicating effectively with all levels of management.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of an effective organization for area(s) of responsibility, including: a) efficient work flow patterns; b) established performance standards; c) effective delineation of duties and responsibilities; d) ensuring that staffing in each location is efficient in order to maintain operational objectives; e) appropriate supervision; f) systems for timely communication of pertinent information; and g) implementation of load balancing to maintain appropriate occupancy and utilization levels.
- Direct the Forecasting, Scheduling, and/or Intraday Analysis functions for the operation. Analyze call center trends to predict staffing needs. Effectively administer headcount planning in conjunction with production needs in Aspect Workforce Management Software system. Ensure scheduling of staff in each location is adequate to meet company objectives.
- Develop policies and procedures to ensure data accuracy and maintain system integrity for pay for productive time and headcount planning in Aspect Workforce Management Software system. Audit for compliance.
- Oversee the creation of reports, and maintain performance information flow for all call centers. Develop & maintain segment process maps & associated process documentation. Develop & maintain workforce planning training.
- Involvement in the budgeting process as it relates to the entire operation.
- Set up & document procedures for WFM; trouble shoot system problems
- Maintain effective communication with other departments when WFM procedures impact them. Strong interaction with operations, human relations, and payroll segments.
- Develop and implement contingency staffing models. Coordinate with subordinates and call center leadership to identify opportunities for service improvements and cost efficiencies. Participates on committees and in programs for safety, fire prevention, disaster recovery and so forth. Ensures the development of specific plans for inclusion in these programs.
- Analyze and resolve service delivery issues not resolved by call center management or site workforce analysts. Receives and investigates all complaints concerning his or her area of responsibility and its personnel; determines veracity of such and (as necessary) takes corrective or disciplinary action and/or prepares reply.
- Remains abreast of developments in Workforce Management by pursuing a program of self development, participating in professional organizations, interacting with peers, reviewing pertinent literature, and so forth. Incorporates advancements when practicable and cost effective.
- Directs the preparation of records as well as recurring and special reports and analyses for area of responsibility ensuring that they are complete, accurate and prepared on time. Reviews and interprets these in order to ascertain the extent to which goals are being attained. Takes corrective action as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of equivalent experience
- 3 years management experience in a call center environment
- 3 years experience with workforce management software (Aspect WFM preferred)
- 3 years experience with call center reporting (Exony preferred)