Workforce Analyst (ASPECT GURU) – Santa Ana, CA – Nordstrom Bank & Credit
Posted On: 3-7-2016
Position Title: Workforce Analyst (ASPECT GURU)
Job Location: Santa Ana, CA
Department: Service Center – Credit Scheduling
Reports to: Workforce SR. Manager
Assist Workforce Manager in providing strategic direction for Credit Scheduling. Assist in overseeing staff planning processes for multiple business areas and functions, including analyzing both short and long term scheduling, capacity planning, and budget ownership.
Essential Functions and Work Duties
The following essential functions of this position are performed personally, in cooperation with your supervisor, and/or in coordination with other staff. Additional work functions and duties may be assigned.
- Implement and maintain real-time workforce management processes for multiple departments across two locations, including Customer Service, Fraud, Account Services, Operations Support, and Work at Home.
- Administer Aspect Workforce Management (WFM) software and ensure optimized utilization of WFM tools. Utilize Aspect WFM to monitor and oversee daily service levels and optimal personnel balance.
- Provide support and partnership to the Credit Operations Team by analyzing options and implementing process improvements to better serve customers and drive efficiencies.
- Anticipate future business changes and challenges and proactively develop and implement new or revised plans to maintain a competitive environment by staying current on Call Center industry practices and issues, assessing and communicating their potential impact on our business.
- Provide analytical support including capacity planning, scheduling, and reporting. Establish and maintain communication channels regarding events that impact call volume.
- Ensure alignment on priorities and strategic direction by partnering with other business units and leaders.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert and assist with all workforce-related tools including Avaya and Aspect WFM systems.
Other Responsibilities and Job Performance Requirements
Additional performance requirements may be communicated.
- Uses good judgment in all situations and strives to deliver unmatched customer service.
- Complies with the Nordstrom Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and the Nordstrom fsb Bank Supplement to the Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, Information Security Guidelines, all other company/department guidelines.
Position Expectations and Competencies
Position Expectations, together with specific goals, ensure employees are aware of how to be successful in their role.
- Collect information to analyze and evaluate existing or proposed processes and or systems.
- Write and maintain process and/or system documentation.
- Analyze and evaluate present or proposed initiatives and/or issues and develop insights to support the business.
- Participate in a variety of business process reviews and/or testing of internal controls.
- Translate customer needs into effective, valuable solutions and communicate solutions to appropriate parties.
- Ensure accuracy and confidentiality of information being processes, stored, or accessed.
- Support and drive process improvements.
- Work with other groups to ensure compatibility between processes and/or systems.
Job Description: Workforce Analyst Date Revised: 2/10/16 Page 2 of 2
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
- Provide exceptional customer service through professionalism, ownership, and initiative.
- Show commitment to Team through collaboration and positive, proactive communication.
- Demonstrate productivity using time efficiently and effectively to deliver results.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field, economics, applied math, or statistics from an accredited college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the utilization of Aspect WFM, Avaya telephone systems, and MS Office Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to manage agent staffing levels to meet service level expectations (abandon call rate, speed of answer), financial responsibility (occupancy rate), and the needs of the agents.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to establish and maintain cooperative and positive working relationships with employees, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities in a fast-paced environment to ensure Nordstrom fsb is meeting the needs and demands of internal and external customers.
- Ability to work sensitively and effectively with individuals of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds and treat all customers and employees in a fair and equitable manner.
- Ensures adherence to all Bank policies, procedures, and practices.
- Ensures a clean, safe and accident-free work environment and comply with Bank safety rules.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Physical demands and work characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee frequently is required to sit. Employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and occasionally stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Requires manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires the ability to use department equipment, such as telephones, personal computers, calculators, copiers, fax machines, etc. Position requires frequent use of computer and phone.
- Requires the ability to lift/carry up to 25 pounds using appropriate body mechanics.
- May require several trips, by air, with overnight travel.
Visual, Hearing and Communication Requirements
- Requires visual acuity to use department equipment, such as telephones, personal computers, calculators, copiers, fax machines, etc.
- Requires hearing to be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with co-workers, vendors, clients, and others for word-related purposes.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal directions in English.
- The employee normally works indoors, in a typical, temperature-controlled office environment.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.