Workforce Management Analyst – Nashville, TN
Posted on: 7-1-2015
Position Title: Workforce Management Analyst
Job Location: Nashville, TN
Apply online: https://www.thegeneral.com/employment and click on “view all open job positions.” This position will be in our Nashville location.
The General – A Leading Non-standard Auto Insurance Provider.
Currently, we are seeking a qualified applicant for a Workforce Management Analyst position. Reporting to a Workforce Manager, the WFM Analyst will be primarily responsible for providing departmental performance analysis to ensure accurate, timely reporting to support business processing, decision-making, and effective management of the call center.
Why The General?
The General has been writing auto insurance throughout the country for 50 years. We offer an employee-friendly and challenging work environment where the right candidate will learn and grow with the company. We pride ourselves on teamwork and quality customer service.
- We Pursue Excellence
- We Act with Integrity
- We Provide Exceptional Service
- We are Adventurous, Creative, Open-minded, and We Embrace Change
- We are Engaged
The General offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance after one month of employment; health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts; tuition reimbursement, paid time off (vacation, sick, holidays), wellness initiatives, 401(k) participation with a matching contribution and much more!
Major duties include administering department workforce management activities, personnel resources and productivity measurements with the goal of ensuring staffing and service demands within departmental service level goals. Essential Job Responsibilities include:
- Utilize the workforce management tools (Community) to create accurate, effective and efficient schedules based on forecasted demands.
- Ensure the proper administration of the work force management tool and keep the system updated ensuring accurate results.
- Study and analyze real time and historical trending to determine the most accurate and effective forecasting models.
- Implement scheduling and forecasting models to determine the correct levels of staffing needed for each operating interval.
- Produce staffing schedules (maintain at 3 weeks in advance) for customer service and sales, manage the vacation database, schedule change requests and maintain daily exceptions.
- Provide feedback to new training class, explaining departmental goals and metrics, scheduling and vacation requests
- Monitor adherence to schedule and make immediate adjustments to actual staffing levels based on projected business needs.
- Contribute to service level goals by providing accurate and timely forecasting at various intervals: on an annual, seasonal, monthly, weekly, and daily basis.
- Produce daily analysis of department performance utilizing intra-day performance tools.
- Proactively offer recommendations to staffing and scheduling to achieve service goals. Proactively produce reporting and analysis of “Get” button usage, FCR performance, new hire results comparison, birthday/anniversary reporting, daily outbound and email callout reporting.
- Monitor department attrition trends and recommend size and frequency of new hire training classes in order to meet our forecasted demands.
- Maintain updated and timely reporting of head count, attrition, productivity, and other performance related items. Maintain updated Beast reports, quarterly bonus tracker, “post mortem” reporting, ad hoc reports and special projects as required. Produce monthly reporting package under direction of Customer Service Manager.
- Evaluate various scheduling scenarios to identify optimal combinations of schedules to optimize departmental efficiency. Evaluate “what-if” scenarios to determine optimal scheduling opportunities.
- Communicate with management team and CSRs regarding scheduling demands
- 2-4 years call center experience
- 1-2 years experience with WFM software
- Works independently and adjusts to changing priorities and demands
- Proven analytical abilities and problem solving skills
- Good organization and analytical skills, detail oriented
- Strong computer skills with advanced knowledge of spreadsheet applications
- Good time management skills
- Positive forward thinking, proactive driven
- Ability to communicate with subordinates, peers, and superiors
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be proficient in the use of a computer and with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Windows, Excel).
- Proven written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and the ability to follow through.
- Must be able to perform basic math calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) as well as the calculation of averages and percentages.