|What makes DHL great? Our People! We know each employee’s individual contributions make us the #1 Express Delivery and Logistics Company in the world.
DHL Express is committed to maintaining an environment that empowers every team member to make the greatest possible impact on our business. Our corporate culture is about personal commitment – to our business, to each other and to our global communities. DHL is dedicated to being a great place to work. In addition to competitive compensation packages, our employees enjoy a range of programs, services and benefits that bring the best to their personal lives. In fact, Business Week just named DHL “one of the best companies to launch a career.”
Start YOUR career with DHL today…
We currently have a career opportunity for a qualified Workforce Planning Supervisor in Tempe, AZ. The selected individual will perform analytical work to support the various business needs of assigned DHL business units; prepare and analyze data and coordinate the reporting function to accurately identify data integrity issues and recommend possible system or process enhancements.
Tasks & Accountabilities:
- Sets objectives and delivers results that ensure we meet or exceed customer expectations, specifically service level and schedule adherence
- Erroneous decisions or recommendations or failure to achieve results would normally result in noticeable delays in assigned work resulting in moderate expenditure of additional time, human resources, and/or funds
- Primary input to hiring, performance, and rewards decisions for a group of service, production or support employees, perhaps assisted by subordinate team leaders or senior individual contributor employees
- Lead the Workforce team to achieve/exceed business objectives.
- Develop coach and performance management of Workforce Analysts.
- Provide leadership to projects and initiatives.
- Establish performance standards to increase productivity and service excellence, ensuring team is highly motivated.
- Development of various staffing forecasts (short and long term) and staffing schedules.
- Develop and plan the training schedule and requirements to meet staffing requirements.
- Development and maintenance of processes ensuring the successful execution of the daily schedules and delivery of service level goals.
- Track, analyze and communicate call drivers so forecasts can be completed with greater accuracy and foresight.
- Strong analytical skills
- Capacity planning for multiple call centers and workgroups.
- Expert knowledge of workforce planning tools.
- Primary contribution is supervising and coaching a team, while scheduling work for optimum efficiency and productivity of the DHL call centers and Network Command Center
- Provides day-to-day work direction
- Schedules and approves vacation and overtime
- Must supervise 2 or more employees
- Recommends process improvements for area; identifies, defines, and develops solutions to issues and problems that are not immediately evident in existing systems
- Focused on maintaining steady workflow and productivity, meeting service/productivity standards, and resolving operational problems and handling disturbances
- Assigns and checks work
- Provides guidance and training
- Provides input to hiring
- Manages overtime for DHL call centers
- Majority of time is focused on supervising employees who perform service, production, or support work
Skill & Qualifications:
- Typically requires BS/BA and 3-5+ years experience in related field, including at least one year of supervisory experience
- Complete understanding and wide application of principles, theories, and concepts in function or business area
- An advanced understanding of specific aspects of work supervised and practical application to problems and situations ordinarily encountered
- Knows and effectively uses fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures relative to quality and productivity improvements, training, budgeting and cost control, and progressive techniques in area of specialization
- Generally understands basic supervisory approaches for work direction, motivation, and disciplinary action
- Professional certification required in some areas.
Please note a resume is required to apply for all DHL positions.
If you do not have a resume readily available, please visit: http://dhl-resumebuilder.com
This program will work on both Windows and Mac operating systems.
Interested parties may apply via the DHL job site (www.workingatdhl.com)
or click here for a direct link!